Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Other motivation?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 11 Replies

I know a lady that wrote out notes and put them on her fridge like,WHAT YA LOOKIN FOR FATTY? And things like that.I have bought clothes a size smaller, if its something I really want to wear, and hung it on the outside of my closet.Have you done anything "extra" for motivation?

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know that leaving insulting notes for myself would be very motivating, but different strokes for different folks, I guess =)  I do keep a pair of jeans a size smaller than I wear on hand. 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM

not that I can think of.  Leaving notes like that would do NOTHING for me- just like posting pictures of models or "fit" people would do nothing except make me feel like I'll never ever be like them-so definitely would NOT be a motivator for me.

I have clothes from when I lost the weight the first time, and let's just say that when I had given up and was not really interested in doing it again (after gaining it all back) they just sat in boxes marked "too small" so that really didn't motivate me either.

iwannalose10
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

i have an upcoming vacation where i will also meet with an old friend.

for now that seems to motivate me :)

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Not really

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM

i have something saved to my desktop

jaysmom2002
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I have a dress I love that's 2 sizes to small I plan to fit into it for a wedding I'm attending in August. That's my motivation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Fields05
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM
The notes wouldn't do it for me either.I thought it was a bit much.Pictures to me are misleading because the person in the pic worked alot harder for a different goal as opposed to just losing weight.The clothes work for me because it helps me realize that I'm closer to where I want to be.A 2 piece is what I'd like to wear but I know that's at least another summer away but my tankini is super cute and smaller than the last one I wore so I'm okay til then!
twyliatepeka
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a note in my fridge that says "are you hungry or just bored?" Nothing insulting or anything just a simple question.
maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this
My ex always had a problem with my size . And honestly I'm glad he did cause it gave me motivation and whenever I'm on that treadmill and I feel like giving up I think of him and start singing " don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" I was 220 then now I'm 151 and I feel great about myself . Now when I exercise I do it for myself cause I feel sexy
bluesky51201
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
If I'm having a rough day and don't feel like working out I post my workout on FB and my accountability group. Seeing it out there makes me do it because if I don't then I feel like I posted a lie. Feeling the tape get pulled tighter every week is great motivation. I push myself because I want to see that smaller number. I have a pair of means in the next size down that I try on once a week. Oh and I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to Turbo fire with motivational posters and lots of before and after pics. Those work great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)