Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

anyone do weight watchers online?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 9 Replies
If you do add me as a freind.. BrittneyBrandt30.
Also how has it worked for you?
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brittney28
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Bump
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I did the monthly pass. Lost 25 lbs. but I don't think I would have been nearly as successful without the meetings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittney28
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM
You lost 25 pounds in a month? Why do you think you would not have been successful without the meeting?

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I did the monthly pass. Lost 25 lbs. but I don't think I would have been nearly as successful without the meetings.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Quoting brittney28:

You lost 25 pounds in a month? Why do you think you would not have been successful without the meeting?

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Not in a month, in about a year. I started at 170 finished at around 143-145. They said I had to get to 137 to become a lifetime member so I tried for another year and never got there. 

I feel that the meetings are what kept me on track, the support and the offical-ness of weighing in at the meeting helped me. Unfortunately their website is not very good, imo. You get so much more out of the meetings than you can get online.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Why 137?  Who came up with that number?  Was that your original goal weight?  I'm just curious:)

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting brittney28:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Not in a month, in about a year. I started at 170 finished at around 143-145. They said I had to get to 137 to become a lifetime member so I tried for another year and never got there. 

I feel that the meetings are what kept me on track, the support and the offical-ness of weighing in at the meeting helped me. Unfortunately their website is not very good, imo. You get so much more out of the meetings than you can get online.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I was hoping to get to 135. WW has a chart they say for someone 5'2 that 137 is the maximum to become lifetime. I couldn't even get to that :(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Why 137?  Who came up with that number?  Was that your original goal weight?  I'm just curious:)

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting brittney28:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlaskAmber
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I have been doing WW online since February. I weighed in today and I'm down 17lbs! I have the apps on my phone and iPad so it's super easy to track my food. I try really hard not to use any of my weekly points too. I know that I CAN but I think by not using them I am doing great. Also, this is without working out regularly. I get migraines from working out so the only thing I can do is water aerobics or short 10-15 minute workouts and then a good cool-down time. It's a real pain so I do water aerobics maybe once a week (I fully admit I have missed a few weeks) but I'm still losing. I think once I'm at a healthier weight my migraines will subside and I will then be able to work out more and tone up. 

So yes, it does work! You just have to stick with it and make yourself accountable. Even if you have a bad day... Track it all anyway and try to do better the next. I had gained a couple pounds back a few weeks ago and then had a week where I lost nothing. I refocused and tried harder and am now down to my lowest weight in 6 years. Good luck!

brittney28
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow good job!

Quoting AlaskAmber:

I have been doing WW online since February. I weighed in today and I'm down 17lbs! I have the apps on my phone and iPad so it's super easy to track my food. I try really hard not to use any of my weekly points too. I know that I CAN but I think by not using them I am doing great. Also, this is without working out regularly. I get migraines from working out so the only thing I can do is water aerobics or short 10-15 minute workouts and then a good cool-down time. It's a real pain so I do water aerobics maybe once a week (I fully admit I have missed a few weeks) but I'm still losing. I think once I'm at a healthier weight my migraines will subside and I will then be able to work out more and tone up. 

So yes, it does work! You just have to stick with it and make yourself accountable. Even if you have a bad day... Track it all anyway and try to do better the next. I had gained a couple pounds back a few weeks ago and then had a week where I lost nothing. I refocused and tried harder and am now down to my lowest weight in 6 years. Good luck!

kbix82
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM

i did weight watchers online from jan - march of last year and lost 36 lbs in that time.. then i just stopped :( and i gained it all back. Now im back on it again. I really like how it works so when i said to myself DAMN i gained it all back i went rite back to the WW online. I like it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)