Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

last 15lbs the hardest to lose (need help)

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am proud of my weight lost but why is the last 15lbs the hardest to lose . I thought I'd be atleast 145lbs with firm body lol by summer but it doesn't look that way . I hate how my legs looks in shorts and my love handles wont go away . I jog run walk for an hr on the treadmill
Then 20-30 mins. Weight lifting or body strength and when I have time I do aerobics and I feel like im stuck . Any advice anyone ????
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Tonya_Lynn84
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Wish I had some advice, I am working on my last 8lbs! 3 lbs lost in one month, when I was losing 6lbs a month! It sucks, but you and I will get there eventually!

maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Atleast you are doing much better than me for months I'm stuck on 154 and I exercise and I'm on my diet I do cheat sometimes but still ........ this sucks though ..but thanks
jessjennings23
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I do circut training and it really helped me.  Ill jump rope really fast for 1 minute, than stop and do 20 crunches, than jump rope for another minute, than do 20 squats. Maybe the next set ill jump rope than do 10 push ups. This really helps me. You get the cardio, but you also get some weight training in. Ive been working out for like 6 years now, so let me know if you have any questions. I gained 55 lbs with my son, and that was all gone in like 7 months.

maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I use to jump rope I would do like a hundred then 10 push ups and 20 sit ups but I can't jump for 20 minutes but I'll try maybe I just need to really push myself hard I guess the smaller the more u have to push urself harder to burn out the calories

Quoting jessjennings23:

I do circut training and it really helped me.  Ill jump rope really fast for 1 minute, than stop and do 20 crunches, than jump rope for another minute, than do 20 squats. Maybe the next set ill jump rope than do 10 push ups. This really helps me. You get the cardio, but you also get some weight training in. Ive been working out for like 6 years now, so let me know if you have any questions. I gained 55 lbs with my son, and that was all gone in like 7 months.

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM

The last bit is the hardest. I'd consider mixing my workouts up.. instead of hitting the treadmill, go outside. 

maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I think I should since its getting nicer I s should prob start riding again

Quoting randomosityblog:

The last bit is the hardest. I'd consider mixing my workouts up.. instead of hitting the treadmill, go outside. 

ashley9603
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Change up your workout...I am struggling with 5 pounds.For the last year I am at 135.I am starting to run outdoors and am noticing that the scale hasnt changed but my body is.I am playing around with new workouts and lifting.Do you change up your workouts?That may help.

maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Well now that its getting nicer outside I'm planning on going riding or doing a kick boxing class . And I'm just learning my diet I'd not helping much also

Quoting ashley9603:

Change up your workout...I am struggling with 5 pounds.For the last year I am at 135.I am starting to run outdoors and am noticing that the scale hasnt changed but my body is.I am playing around with new workouts and lifting.Do you change up your workouts?That may help.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  Make sure you're eating as clean as possible and switch up your workouts.  You can do this mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)