Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Myth or fact

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

Is it true that after your child turns a year old it is harder than ever to loose weight?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Well, as YOU get older, it gets a little harder.  But there's nothing that says it can't be done just because your kid is getting to the 1 year mark.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Sweet_Punk
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM

This is what I was going to say as well.  The longer you wait the harder it is but there's no written rule that after 12 months it's harder than ever. 

Quoting musicpisces:

Well, as YOU get older, it gets a little harder.  But there's nothing that says it can't be done just because your kid is getting to the 1 year mark.

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM
False my youngest just turned one in Feb and the weight is stil coming off. However I was over weight to start off with
itsm3
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM

IMO i think it's hard to lose weight if you're older and you've had kids.  i had to change the way i exercised and ate in order to lose weight whereas when i was in my early 20s, i could eat crap and workout a little and stay lean and fit.

no way i could do that now.  in order for me to see results, i had to track my calories, eat fresh healthy foods within my caloric range for weight loss and workout like a mofo.  interval training was the only way i could see results/burn fat.

dballa
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM

It has nothing to do with the age of your child.

The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight, generally speaking.  You need to change the way your eat and exercise.

annelauer
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I disagree. I could never lose weight while breastfeeding with any of my 3 kids. Everything I ate stuck to me like crazy. Once I quit (18-24 months) a good portion of it fell off with little effort.
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

It has nothing to do with how old your child is how many you have, how much you gained or even if youve had children period. Everyone is different and not everyone loses weight the same. your body shape changes when you have children, some of us have extra skin left on our midsection, so a lot of people think that you CANT lose the weight, but you CAN, your body IS changed, but your ability to lose weight is still there. Be active, be safe, be healthy, eat clean. Im an almost 30 y/o momma of three I was 210lbs the day I gave birth to my Third child. was 195 when I Found a program that works for me and lost over 70 lbs with it. Please feel free to message me If you have any questions or anything at all:)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Yep. This.

Quoting musicpisces:

JRSMOM0621
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Thanks. I was told by my mom and mil this and I couldn't see what the age if your child had anything to do with it
N_maricle
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I didn't lose mine until my yo gets was 3. When you are ready, you're ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)