Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

raw food lifestyle?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am easing into a raw food vegan lifestyle... mainly to lose weight and for health reasons.

any of you ladies follow this lifestyle?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this

We are about 3/4 raw. I have read that as long as your diet consists of 50% raw foods, you are good to go.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Nope.

itsm3
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm not vegan but i do eat a lot of raw foods. the only "processed" food i eat is oatmeal but i don't count that as processed because of the huge health benefits.

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moxie70
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I find the concept interesting, but I don't think it is something I could make a regular thing, I doubt I could even make it a week lol
mtgcandy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I am. I have been doing so for over a month now. Very different, but makes you feel great!! But being Vegan is not just raw foods. That is vegeterian! I eat cage free eggs, chicken, wild game fish, and lean red meat(1x per week). It simply means to be gluten free..LOL.. I hope you enjoy your holistic living. There are a lot of health benefits fron it, but you have to have some protein, not just raw foods!
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
There are non animal sources for protein. Beans and nuts, for example.

Quoting mtgcandy:

I am. I have been doing so for over a month now. Very different, but makes you feel great!! But being Vegan is not just raw foods. That is vegeterian! I eat cage free eggs, chicken, wild game fish, and lean red meat(1x per week). It simply means to be gluten free..LOL.. I hope you enjoy your holistic living. There are a lot of health benefits fron it, but you have to have some protein, not just raw foods!
MamaTrollDoll
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM

i get my protien from leafy greans, nuts and seeds.

Quoting mtgcandy:

Perle1
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I try to eat lots of raw veggies and fruit, but love to cook so couldn't give it up :)
Sweet_Punk
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

by raw do you literally mean you dont cook it ... or do you mean raw as in clean foods... bc I do eat pretty clean but I actually need to cook most of my food. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN