Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I am easing into a raw food vegan lifestyle... mainly to lose weight and for health reasons.

any of you ladies follow this lifestyle?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Replies (11-19):
MamaTrollDoll
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM

raw... as in i dont cook my food.

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

by raw do you literally mean you dont cook it ... or do you mean raw as in clean foods... bc I do eat pretty clean but I actually need to cook most of my food. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No, and I don't think I want to.  Our neighbor and his wife eat raw vegan (have been that way for over 10 years) and they are some of the sickliest people I've ever met.  He SAYS he's healthy, but he can't maintain muscle tone and his skin hangs off his body.  He has little energy.  His wife was recently diagnosed with diabetes and has gotten so bad she's in a wheelchair now.  They're not that old, either. 

Matriarch87
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM

So with a raw diet, literally all or most of the food you eat is actually raw...

O.O...no I could not do that.  

becky.riley
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Vegans do not eat any animal products. Vegetarians will typically eat eggs, milk products, honey and the like. They usually draw the line at eating things with faces.

Quoting mtgcandy:

I am. I have been doing so for over a month now. Very different, but makes you feel great!! But being Vegan is not just raw foods. That is vegeterian! I eat cage free eggs, chicken, wild game fish, and lean red meat(1x per week). It simply means to be gluten free..LOL.. I hope you enjoy your holistic living. There are a lot of health benefits fron it, but you have to have some protein, not just raw foods!

mross0687
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I do not follow a raw food lifestyle but my diet does consist of no yeast or sugar. So that would be lean meats, veggies and fruit. 

happydays62
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM

No ! I wouldn't know where to start at .

VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not going to lie....I am confused as all get out by this response.

One can be vegan and get protein.

If you eat meat you are neither vegan or vegetarian.

A vegetarian doesn't eat only raw food.

I am not even sure how gluten free fits into the equation.

A person who only eat raw food only eats raw food....so telling someone to eat more than raw foods is confusing. 

Quoting mtgcandy:

I am. I have been doing so for over a month now. Very different, but makes you feel great!! But being Vegan is not just raw foods. That is vegeterian! I eat cage free eggs, chicken, wild game fish, and lean red meat(1x per week). It simply means to be gluten free..LOL.. I hope you enjoy your holistic living. There are a lot of health benefits fron it, but you have to have some protein, not just raw foods!

roxysmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

We eat most of our veggies raw and all fruits. But we eat meat, so that's cooked, lol.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I don't live raw, but I try to go for raw or sprouted options for seeds and grains and such when I can.  I eat clean, so that eliminates a lot of "bad" foods, but I know the benefits of the enzymes and such in raw foods, so I try to maximize that where I can as well.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN