Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

apples grapes and watermelon for dinner is that good or bad ?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 12 Replies
So many do's and don't for diet . So many to much and to little I just wanna make sure if to much fruit is bad because I do this everynight after gym because I dont know if its just me but I get really hungry after a work out
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3mom627
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

When I was on Weight Watchers, the fruit was a 0 point good. That said, if you are not losing weight, then cut back on some of the high calorie fruits like bananas. Apples, grapes and watermelon sounds good and they are very low in sugar.  Good luck, I hope that helps.

3MOM627

have a nice day

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I would add protien. And dont make it a habit. Its okfor a quick meal but not the best choice. Gl momma
maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I think I really do need to add protien to my diet because I dont eat meat only fish or shrimp and that's once in a while sometimes I go weeks without eating seafood . Could that be the reason im struggling to lose weight ?

Quoting jendawn1:

I would add protien. And dont make it a habit. Its okfor a quick meal but not the best choice. Gl momma

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Definitely add protein. You should always try and eat some protein after a workout. Also, that's a lot of fruit...add in some veggies too. I always try and eat at least twice as many veggies as I do fruit because if you eat too much fruit that can be a lot of sugar.
maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I usually eat my veggies for lunch besides meat what else is there high in protein I do eat beans but I dont think its enough
maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I usually eat my veggies for lunch besides meat what else is there high in protein I do eat beans but I dont think its enough
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

you suck.....now i want fruit.....lmfao

i no nothing about dieting, but with those i would ad some chicken...mmmmmmm

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

They are all good fruit, but that many of them is a lot of fructose which is sugar.  Might be better to have one of them with some protein like a boiled egg.  Carbs are better before a workout rather than afterwards I'd think.  I would try to get in some protein for dinner.  Some greens have protein in them.  Eggs have a lot of protein, but if you are vegan, that is out.  You could have some nuts so a handful of walnuts or almonds would make a nice snack with the fruit.  You could do a green smoothie, too with kale and spinach andmaybe cucumber and carrots  and an apple and grapes.  That would satisfy your sweet tooth and provide some good veggies with some protein but a handful of nuts with it would give more protein.  Good luck.

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Struggle to lose weight could be because of the high sugar/fructose level of the fruit you eat for dinner.  Cut back one of the fruits and add veggies and some meat like chicken or fish or some nuts if you don't eat meat. Need to build up protein after a workout so you don't lose muscle.  

Quoting maddiemommy2009:

I think I really do need to add protien to my diet because I dont eat meat only fish or shrimp and that's once in a while sometimes I go weeks without eating seafood . Could that be the reason im struggling to lose weight ?

Quoting jendawn1:

maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Lol thanks but I dont eat poultry or read meat

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

you suck.....now i want fruit.....lmfao

i no nothing about dieting, but with those i would ad some chicken...mmmmmmm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)