Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Day 2 P90x Complete. Need help!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I am doing P90x to try and tone up my body. I am really jiggly after my last baby and haven't worked out at all since he was born...at least nothing hardcore. I have walked and that's basically it. He is 15 months! So as you can imagine, I am out of shape.

I completed Day 1 in its entirety. I only did half of Day 2. I need some motivation to keep going!!!!

I am DYING here. I am so sore and my back really hurts today (after the workout so I must have done something wrong) I feel  like I can't keep going b/c I am hurting too much to even pick up my baby.

Should I do something different? A different work out? Should I keep going with P90x?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I'm one to think the length of time your heart spends working is more important....so you could adjust the workouts to a level in which you can finish the 90 minutes.

Like for me, I'd rather slow down and run the full 45 minutes or whatever than running the fastest mile I can but only keep pace for 10 minutes.

Others, I imagine, will have a different train of thought. :)

P90x is an intense program! Good luck!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep going mama...give it a little more time:)  Good luck!

Javi05Eli07
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

My first time doing Plyometrics I made it half way through, so you are not alone.  I would say keep going because everything in P90X can be modified for beginners.  Make sure to do extra stretching if you need to, especially if you are sore.  Drinkng some chocolate milk after a workout can help the muscles not be as sore, also taking an epsom salt bath is great for sore muscles.  If you are too sore to move it might be a good idea to take a day off and walk and do stretches.  Whenever I hear that someone hasn't finished a disc I tell them that they did not fail, but you have a goal to make it past the next time you do it.  

Plyometrics can be hard on the back because of the jumping.  To help with it you should have some good supportive shoes that are made for workouts like this.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  Keep going.  Give it some time, but you'll get it and you'll love the results!

Check out Beachbody and you can sign up to be a free member and you get access to their forums and chats.  There are tons of people on there like you and it's a great place to motivate and find ideas.  You may even find some accountability partners in your area. 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Always remember this saying:

"Your brain gives up long before your body does!" Basically, it's all mental! Pain is as bad as you let it be......with the exception of things your mind cannot overcome, of course.

With that being said, stretch, stretch and mooooore stretching. Every time you think about it, stretch. Before bed, take an Epsom salt bath, as hot as you can tolerate it for 30 minutes. Stretch before you hop in bed and when you first wake up.

If your legs hurt to bend down to pee (that was a common one for me, lol) take a huge deep breath in before you sit and exhale on the way down, lol.

Go to the store and get something like IcyHot and use it for a while.

Beginning a workout, especially something as rough as P90x, for just getting back into it is no joke but do NOT give up. Work through the pain.

The first 5 minutes is where people give up bc it does hurt. After those first few, it starts to ease up and you don't hurt nearly as bad.

Remember, mind over matter!! Space out when you're doing it. Find a focal point and just space out. Breathe, breathe and more breathing....slow and controlled. You don't have to do it as quickly as the DVD.

A lot of people do that to try and keep up and risk injury and aren't using proper form, this not getting the results you want because it's being done incorrectly. Don't run out of the gate, walk. Slow and controlled movements and concentrate of proper form! Find you balance and soon you'll be able to speed it up.

All of these points have worked for me :)
tomsMom2008
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Thank you so much. Plyometrics was what kicked my butt! I feel a lot better after reading this. I did day 3 today and feel good.

Quoting Javi05Eli07:

My first time doing Plyometrics I made it half way through, so you are not alone.  I would say keep going because everything in P90X can be modified for beginners.  Make sure to do extra stretching if you need to, especially if you are sore.  Drinkng some chocolate milk after a workout can help the muscles not be as sore, also taking an epsom salt bath is great for sore muscles.  If you are too sore to move it might be a good idea to take a day off and walk and do stretches.  Whenever I hear that someone hasn't finished a disc I tell them that they did not fail, but you have a goal to make it past the next time you do it.  

Plyometrics can be hard on the back because of the jumping.  To help with it you should have some good supportive shoes that are made for workouts like this.

itsm3
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM

i would keep going.  make sure you do the FULL warm up, pause the program and continue with the warm up/stretching for another 5-10mins  before starting the workout.  go light on the weights and take breaks if you need them.

your body is working hard and your muscles are screaming but you are getting stronger.  i would keep going.

Javi05Eli07
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Good for you!  

My husband and I started another round of P90X on Monday too, so we were suppose to have Plyometrics yesterday, but my husband likes Plyocide from P90X2 more.

Quoting tomsMom2008:

Thank you so much. Plyometrics was what kicked my butt! I feel a lot better after reading this. I did day 3 today and feel good.

Quoting Javi05Eli07:

MezzoDragon
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Did you start with the P90x or the P90 workout?  Because the "x" is actually the third set of diet/workouts in the program.   I spent a few months last year doing just the P90 and it's pleanty challenging for someone getting back into the swing of things.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I haven't read through all the replies. But don't worry about keeping up with them and getting all the reps in. Focus on making sure you have good form.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN