Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New and overwhelmed

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hey ladies, new here - still on the forever task of losing weight. Tried a workout video tonight but the skinny minis were anything but encouraging, To top it off we have a mirror in our living room - I caught a glimpse of my jiggly parts that looked nothing like the twig on my video and decided to save my sanity and walk our dog instead. Better than sitting on my butt watching tv, right?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tomsMom2008
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww...I know how you feel. WTG on walking the dog! Just don't compare yourself. remember...you are doing this to be healthy and getting that heart pumping is SUPER healthy! One day you will look in the mirror and NOT see that jiggle and it will all be worth it!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  Great job on your workout:)  One day at a time mama!

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey :) Any workout is better than no workout. Just dont give up!! Ive lost 70lbs in less than a year, It IS possible AND worth it. :) sending you a pm

Quoting JustGina:

Hey ladies, new here - still on the forever task of losing weight. Tried a workout video tonight but the skinny minis were anything but encouraging, To top it off we have a mirror in our living room - I caught a glimpse of my jiggly parts that looked nothing like the twig on my video and decided to save my sanity and walk our dog instead. Better than sitting on my butt watching tv, right?

DannieLou
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

You're doing better than me with exercising! I try to look at those women as my inspiration. It helps that I use Turbo Jam (when I work up the motivation), I've seen the before pics of the women. If they can, I can!

ninastone
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Good job working out! I am in the exact same boat. Lol. I started a workout DVD a few days ago, and the whole wall behind my TV is a mirror. I look silly, and jiggly, and uncoordinated. But... every time I think those negative thoughts I try to remember that I will NEVER get better if I don't put in the work. I am planting the seeds of hard work now so I can reap the benefits of being healthier!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Skinny people do not motivate me either, so I totally understand.

Also seeing myself in a mirror? NO.  Just...NO.  That's why I'm never in front at zumba ;)

everyone has different motivations, and different things that work for them.  When you find something you love to do- I think you won't care as much about what the others doing it look like. You will do it because you like to :)

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Never compare yourself to people you see on TV. You have your own body that will shine through if you keep it up. I want a washboard belly, no extra skin and super toned arms and legs.....it's not going to happen and I've accepted that. Do it for you and not what others look like.

Cover your mirror and try again.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Gina!

Okay, breathe, mama.  I was almost 300 lbs when I started.  I was 250 lbs when I started running around our neighboorhood.  It wasn't pretty and it wasn't fast, but I DID it.  Jillian Michaels videos at home were hard and defeating, but I pushed through.  You just have to move forward and DO it.  Cover up that mirror.  It's not helping you.  Don't compare yourself to the fitness models in the DVDs- they're meant to give you something to strive for, NOT to suggest that you must look like them to do this video.  You might also try a different video, if that one's not doing it for you.  I love Jillian personally.

Even now, I'm over 100 lbs down, but I have loose skin, so I see that when I do push ups and such.  I can sometimes hear my arms hit my sides when I trail run.  But it's better than sitting on my ass.  It's better than having the high blood pressure and getting winded going up stairs and not keeping up with my kid.  It's better than the horrible self-esteem I had then.  You DESERVE to get fit.  Don't stand in your own way!!  I'm glad you still walked your dog, but don't give up on those videos.  You need to get your heart rate up.  Walk the dog good and hard and fast.  Get your blood pumping.  Get your sweat on!

You have it within you to succeed!  You can do it!!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

JustGina
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Thank you for all the posituve replies ladies! I may just have to stick around ;) My husband and I have been trying for years to have a baby. Recently visited an RE and my sugars and insulin are bad, I have hypothyroidism and my eggs are aging faster than I am. Talk about a wake up call. I know I can lose the weight, I know the rules for doing so, if only I didn't give up soon. I have a feeling the support of this site will help, I am already excited reading all the stories. Thanks again for the kindness & positivity! =0)
EiuGirl316
by Leah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)