Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

foam rollers for muscles...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone here use them often? Are they a part of your daily routine? Do they help with pain, stretching, flexibility?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I use one on occasion, but not often. They do help IT band issues. Dh has a lacrosse ball that he uses and he uses the foam roller as well. The lacrosse ball is amazing in his opinion. One of his CF pals suggested it to him. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

itsm3
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM

i like foam rolling but it too, is a "fad" and has gotten a lot of press lately.  however, my RMT has had an influx of clients who have actually injured themselves foam rolling -- they don't know how to do it properly, do it too long etc and end up injuring the muscle.

so before you jump on the bandwagon, do a little research and figure out why you want to start.  personally, i don't bother.  unless you train really really REALLY hard and basically need a massage every week, then you don't need a foam roller.  i train hard 6x/week and i just do plain ol' stretching during my warmup and cool down.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I use one. To help my back out and my hips and thighs. It's not and every day thing though. I love mine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN