Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MyFitnessPal

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: Has this app helped you lose weight?

Options:

No

Yes, under 10 pounds

10-25 pounds

25-50 pounds

50-75 pounds

More than that - because I'm awesome! lol

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

I downloaded the app a while ago, but am just starting to really use it regularly.

Looking for friends to add on there... If you're interested, I think you can search by my email address: mom2joshnalexis@yahoo.com

I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself lol...

My name is Anna, I'm 28, working mother of 3, live near Chicago, I'm 5' 4" and (I can't believe I'm actually typing this in public) 240 pounds. I'm looking to get to 175, but at this point I'll be happy getting under the big *2*.

Anyhoo, that's me.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Yes I went from 183 to 144 using it along with exercising 4-6 days a week
momof3jam
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Wow that's amazing.

I've heard such great things so far. It's worth a shot lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Yes I went from 183 to 144 using it along with exercising 4-6 days a week

ValRiggs
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I added you! My name is Valerie Hale on there.. Anyways.. I used it along with taking ACE to help track my calories, weight and exercises.. I went from 230 right after having my third c section, to 169.. then I quit doing everything for a while.. went back up to 185.. I just started using it again and taking my ace again about 2 weeks ago.. and have already lost around 8 lbs.. I love this app!

mering88
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I've been using it for a week now and have lost a couple of pounds so far. I use the Endomondo tracker to track my activity.
missy--kay
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I've gone from 204-145 by tracking. I think it's the single most important thing to do while you are trying to lose weight. You have to know what you are eating! Good luck!!

SweetCharisma
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have it, I will add you today. :)

Mine is 

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Sweetlilsomething

lynzmack
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so awesome, I am always looking for people on fitness pal, if anyone wants to add me I'm lynzmack on there. I love this app! I have lost 15 so far, I'm almost at one month now. I also can't believe I am typing my weight but I started at 228 (gasp!) and am down to 213, I need to weigh 154 to not be overweight but my immediate goal is to get to 184 so I am not obese...

Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I've lost about 35 lbs (we'll see tomorrow's weigh in number, hopefully 37) and most of it has been with counting calories using MFP.  Of course, cleaning up my diet and working out contributed greatly, but I do much better when I track my calories than when I don't.

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I just started using mfp 2 weeks or so ago and I'm down 4 lbs so far. I still have a lot to lose but so far so good! The food database is huge and it is really easy to use! You can all add me - aliciafrankruiz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephs5isenough
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I just added you. I've got to start losing weight again. This was a big help for me before when I was on my weight loss journey. I was never able to stay completely under my ridiculously low calorie goal but seeing it and trying to stay under it did help me a lot.

Click my tag to follow me to:

Living In the Arms of Jesus:

Where we PLAY, PRAY and LEARN Together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)