Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How to tone/tighten loose flabby skin?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have had 3 c-sections.. and since my last child I have lost about 65 lbs (8 of those being in the last 2 weeks since I started working out and eating right again).. Anyways.. I have a problem now with all this saggy skin.. Like.. If I lay on my side in bed.. My tummy just spills over on the bed like a huge blob of flab.. LoL.. I don't even know how else to explain it.. And if I lean or bend over.. My tummy just hangs there.. It's soooooo disgusting.. I am wondering if there is anything I can aside from surgery to help.. Even if it will take a lot of work.. I am prepared.. I go to the gym every day and walk a mile on the treadmill then do a rotation on the equipment.. The place i go to is set up very similar to curves.. and I have been building my crunches up.. yesterday I did 30.. today I was able to do 50.. I mean.. Like I stated.. I have lost a few pounds.. But I dont' feel like what I'm doing is really enough to help with this problem.. Here is a few pics of where I work out to give you an idea of what I'm doing.. Any advice is much appreciated! :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM
If it's just hanging skin, the unfortunate answer is, nothing other than cosmetic surgery. :/

Try your best though.
maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:13 PM
It depends on how much skin ? My stomach is mess up to and I am try really hard to get back a waistline honestly if I had the money I'd do a tummy tuck . But unfortunately I don't so what I do is I always keep my tummy tucked in whatever exercise I'm doing and I try to do an hr abs class 2wice a week that's all the time I have but I go to the gym 4-5 times I do mostly squats for my legs and also the machine . If you go to the gym im sure a trainer can advice u what to do .

I'm struggling myself to get a tone body
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I have loose skin, too.  Little will help, because the best way to not have it is to not stretch out the skin (obviously too late for that).  Otherwise the biggest factors are time and genetics, which are out of your control.  The few things you can do are eat a good clean diet, drink plenty of water, and strength train.  Strength training actually makes a significant difference, though it won't make it go away completely.  Strength train your WHOLE body, not just trouble spots.  And when you strength train, do it to FATIGUE, not because you planned to do 15 bicep curls.  Do bicep curls until you CANNOT do another with good form (and if you can do 15, you need more weight).

Otherwise, it's surgery, which is pretty risky, and leaves some serious scars.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ValRiggs
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Yeah there's no way I can have any type of surgery for it.. I do not have the money for one.. and I wouldn't want to put myself in that kind of risk just to look better.. I am afraid of being put to sleep anyways lol.. But yeah.. I seen a story somewhere before about a woman who tightened her tummy area back up but I think she said it took just over a year and it was an every day thing she had to work on..I will see if I can find the article later when I get a chance.. Thanks for the tips though ladies :)

Melissa_4
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Girdles and body briefers.  Loose skin is loose skin, and no amount of working out is going to get rid of it.  You can try wearing a girdle or body briefer to hold it in, and over time it might make it tighten up, but once you have excess skin not much short of surgery gets rid of it.

mandaboo99
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM

If it is just the skin you can moisturize and it will help soften it but its will not get rid of it. I lost 70 lbs after 3 babies, Ive got my share of skin on my belly. I work out 6 days a week, eat clean all that stuff, and its sticking around... Our mommy reminders :)

leddy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM

HEY LADIES I CAN HONESTLY SAY THE ONLY THING I HAVE FOUND THAT HELPS TO TIGHTEN TONE AND FIRM THE SKIN IS IT WORKS BODY WRAPS. I HAD A MAJOR C-SECTION DELIVERING A CHILD WITH SPINA BIFIDA AND THEY CUT ME ALL THE WAY ACROSS THEN UP. I HAD TONS OF LOOSE SKIN THAT IVE BEEN FIGHTING TO GET RID OF AND IVE TRIED IT ALL. IM ON MY 6TH WRAP NOW AND MY RESULTS HAVE BEEN AWESOME. IM A PEDIATRIC NURSE AND AFTER SEEING MY OWN PERSONAL RESULTS I SIGNED UP AS A DISTRIBUTOR WITH THEM. WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHOW MY RESULTS TO ANYONE:-) 

paramore-marie
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Egg whites! I used to have the same problem after having my son, I had so much extra skin it seemed like. I've always done egg white face masks. But they work just as well on the belly! Just take one or two eggs, seperate the yolk from the whites(you can cook the yolks if you don't want to waste), mix them up a bit until they're just slightly foamy and rub them all over. Wait until they dry up completely and wash off! If the excess skin is really terrible then surgery might be necessary...
BeautyFull
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Try the ultimate body applicator by ItWorks.
ValRiggs
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Lol... Well.. I just recenlty did two it works body wraps.. I did lose 11 inches.. But the saggy skin is still there.. I think it went down a little bit.. But not as much as I figured for 11 inches.. 5 inches was at the naval line alone.. I dunno what to think???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN