Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 1: Let's Get Started!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 339 Replies
8 moms liked this

Welcome to day 1 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Memorial Day is at the end of the month! It's time to get in shape for summer!

Let's save some time - skip the fad diets. Their results don't last. And you have healthier options you can start on -- today!

You can safely lose 3 or more pounds a week at home with a healthy diet and lots of exercise.

I
f you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds.

If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.

For example: If you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very important not to cut calories any further -- that's dangerous.

Today, let's start with changing the way you eat:
Experts recommend a diet that minimizes starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. For rapid weight loss, focus on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.

Here are some tips that will help you transition to a healthier diet:

• Eat vegetables as in between meal snacks
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Get the 'tempting' foods out of your home (at least in the beginning)
  • Stay busy - people tend to eat when they are bored, causing over eating
  • Eat from a plate while sitting down at the table (no grazing in the kitchen or from the fridge)
  • Do not skip a meal

What foods do you normally eat that you should be minimizing in your diet?

What foods are you going to avoid and/or limit in order to make the necessary changes for a healthier, thinner you?

What will you be replacing these foods with?

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momsince2003
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I got rid of pop in my diet almost a month ago. I go swimming at the Y once a week. I walk over 10, 000 steps a day.

ceciliam
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My only weakness is pasta but I replaced it with brown rice.

Stephd710
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Im working on taking in more water, its hard for me to just drink and drink when im not thirsty.  I got some flavor packets for my water so hopefully that will help, there are only 5 calories in each packet.  I dont drink soda hardly ever, maybe once a month if I go out to eat.  I do have a problem with carbs.  I love bread!!  

sweetheart4171
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM

What foods do you normally eat that you should be minimizing in your diet? I don't eat these A LOT but I eat them often only because they are in the house and I can but it's the cookies, candy bars sweets ect that are hanging around the house

What foods are you going to avoid and/or limit in order to make the necessary changes for a healthier, thinner you? again, the sweets.  I normally live a healthy lifestyle (well, try my best) but often break the rules with the sweets or baked goods

What will you be replacing these foods with? When I want to grab the candy bars or the cookies, I should grab a handful of almonds, a piece of fruit something on the healthy side I just need to convince that inner voice too

londamg
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

im working on more water and less sugars

Crashmonster1
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My diet is like perfection right now oatmeal and bananas for breakfast protien shake for lunch or snack and fresh turkey tomatoes and half an avocado for dinner.  Its sooo drab and boring though.  If I have any calories to cut it could be the excessive banans but that is about it

endurablemist
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I'm trying to stop drinking everything under the sun and stick to water after my morning coffee! Also chocolate, I'm a chocolate junky!
young_lv_mom
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I have been working on eating fruit and veggies for snakes, for some reason I seem to think of them as meal items.
echoishername
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I need to eliminate tea, add more veggies, and stop skipping meals
sarah824
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been on my weight loss journey since the beginning of the year. I have removed soda and cut back on my coffee. I have added LOTS of water and salads. I need to get better at the exercise part.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)