Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 1: Let's Get Started!

Welcome to day 1 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Memorial Day is at the end of the month! It's time to get in shape for summer!

Let's save some time - skip the fad diets. Their results don't last. And you have healthier options you can start on -- today!

You can safely lose 3 or more pounds a week at home with a healthy diet and lots of exercise.

I
f you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds.

If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.

For example: If you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very important not to cut calories any further -- that's dangerous.

Today, let's start with changing the way you eat:
Experts recommend a diet that minimizes starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. For rapid weight loss, focus on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.

Here are some tips that will help you transition to a healthier diet:

• Eat vegetables as in between meal snacks
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Get the 'tempting' foods out of your home (at least in the beginning)
  • Stay busy - people tend to eat when they are bored, causing over eating
  • Eat from a plate while sitting down at the table (no grazing in the kitchen or from the fridge)
  • Do not skip a meal

What foods do you normally eat that you should be minimizing in your diet?

What foods are you going to avoid and/or limit in order to make the necessary changes for a healthier, thinner you?

What will you be replacing these foods with?

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (71-80):
beauty1889
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

We generally eat pretty healthy, lots of fruits and veggies, and some meat for protein

jbirdsladie27
1 mom liked this
Breads, cakes, cookies, pasta, pastries, pies, these are my downfalls, I will limit these foods in my diet and will be replacing them with healthier choices like fruits and veggies, there is a fresh pineapple in the fridge calling my name!!!
bakerang
I add frozen mixed berries to mine. Or some grated ginger
Angelanscalf89
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I eat alot of ranch based dips (veggie dip, chip dip, sour cream) I love dipping. Im trying to stick with hummus mostly and yogurt. I also need to drink more water instead of pop and I need to eat more because as it is I only eat once a day Ive actually been ding good with snacking on veggies a couple times a day but im out so I need to go shopping

ASZ121009
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I tend to eat cookies quite a bit and fried foods. I will instead have some snack crackers/biscuits that are whole grain. Also I'll replace my regular white bread with whole grain/100% wheat bread if I eat bread at all. I'll also drink more water and less pop. Well I'll avoid pop the best I can.

DazeDelights
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
More water less soda
Christy619
by Christy on May. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Sweets are my weakness. I can eat really well and then always blow it with cookies or ice cream :/

mommadana
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Im going to limit portion size as moderation is best. Im also going to eat more veggies
juailee
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I really love to eat big bowls of pasta...I'm going to try to eat much smaller portions of it, and stay away from big boxes of it (like pasta roni).  I might try replacing it with orzo or quinoa, so that I still have it, but don't desire a lot of it.

ablox
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I need to be eating a little healthier and start actually eating three meals everyday
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)