Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

More than a little disappointed :(

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

Last week I decided to stop drinking soda (for real this time, lol.)

So last Monday I cut soda completely out  of my daily routine. I even made it through the day with the temptation of my dh bringing me home a Coke and leaving it in the fridge all day long. (I didn't tell him I was giving it up.) I also cut way back on fast foods. I am working on getting that crap outta my diet too. :) 

I stuck to water, water, and more water, eating more veggies, and homemade lunches (usually when I grab the fast food).

I realize it's only been a week and, while I didn't expect some wonderfully dramatic weight loss (but secretly hoped for it, haha!!) I definitely didn't expect to put on 3 pounds!!! 3 WHOLE POUNDS, and going up. I'm now at my personal heaviest weight to date, counting being 40+ weeks pregnant with my DD. 

All I can say is WTF?!? Talk about depressing. :( 

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Well, I am mobile right now at karate, so this will be short..
Are you tracking calories? If so, how many are you consuming? Are you working out at all? What exactly are you eating?
It has only been a week, so keep that mind.,
If you answer those questions I will be able to help you more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Sometimes it takes more than a week, mama.  Try to be patient, and trust the process.

Are you tracking your calories?  My questions are the same as Claire's.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

WheelerWife
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I need to do a whole lot better on working out and counting calories. :)

I was just bummed because some people in my family have said the pounds just dropped off when they switched to diet soda (blech) or water from full calorie soda. 

I do realize that there's way more to losing weight than just dropping soda, I was just having a little pity party. :) 

Thanks ladies!!

emilysmom8
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Are you due for your period? I always gain 3-5 pounds around my period
Melissa_4
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM

What time of day did you weigh yourself, what were you wearing, and are you expecting your period?  All of that makes a difference.  

I'm also trying to lose a few pounds before Memorial day weekend.  I have a business trip coming up the weekend after, and want to fit into an old suit of mine that I adore.

AMDS0304
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I haven't cut out cokes yet I have two a day maybe 3.. In 2 weeks I have lost 4 pounds I have been tracking calories. I need to cut out cokes I'm trying!!
Melissa_4
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Stay away from diet soda (opt for water with lemon juice), white flour foods (white bread, cakes, etc.), and carrots (loaded with carbs).  When you use dressing, make sure it's low calorie, and if you've got a puddle in your bowl you've used too much.  The dressings for salads can pack on the calories without you realizing it.  

Only weigh yourself in the morning, never when you're expecting your period, and only once a week.  Our weight fluxuates by 1-3 pounds on a daily basis, especially in the evening hours.

Quoting WheelerWife:

I need to do a whole lot better on working out and counting calories. :)

I was just bummed because some people in my family have said the pounds just dropped off when they switched to diet soda (blech) or water from full calorie soda. 

I do realize that there's way more to losing weight than just dropping soda, I was just having a little pity party. :) 

Thanks ladies!!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Make sure you weigh yourself first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything and after going potty ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM

i switched to french vanilla coffee & use milk now.  

kbix82
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Me too. I bloat rite up so i never take the week of my period seriously

Quoting emilysmom8:

Are you due for your period? I always gain 3-5 pounds around my period

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN