Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

weight lifting

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM
  • 39 Replies
I do not have a gym membership. But i have 5lb and i believe 15 lbhand weights (I need to look for the ffifteens)

I am scared of having bat wings considering i have 109 lbs to lose. I want to try and lift or strength train the entire time I'm losing weight to prevent as much loose skin as humanly possible, even though i know genetics factor in.

Can i prevent bat wings with such light weight or body weight resistance strength training? And if so, what dumbbell exercises orbody weight exercises can help me the most?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
big_red05
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM
You want to expirence muscle fatigue whih depending on how strong you are will require Heavier weights But google or go to pintrest and look up body weight exercises and you will find some good ones that wil do for now :)
paramore-marie
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Tricep dips & tricep lifts are great for the bat wing area..
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 1, 2013 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Here are a list of some tricep exercises that you can use dumbbells with, bands, or your own body weight. 

Tricep kickbacks

One arm press

overhead extension

skull crusher

close hand push up aka diamond push ups

stability ball push ups

Make sure that you do an all over workout, not just your tris... you need to work upper and lower body. Doing pull ups, pushups, squats, lunges, weights, cardio, and flexibility will get you the results that you want. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Oh i know, I'm just more aware of butt and leg exercises already. I wasnt sure what arm exercises i could do at home for that area. I'm pretty comfortable with leg/butt exercises:)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Here are a list of some tricep exercises that you can use dumbbells with, bands, or your own body weight. 

Tricep kickbacks

One arm press

overhead extension

skull crusher

close hand push up aka diamond push ups

stability ball push ups

Make sure that you do an all over workout, not just your tris... you need to work upper and lower body. Doing pull ups, pushups, squats, lunges, weights, cardio, and flexibility will get you the results that you want. 

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I know what the dips are what are tricep lifts?

Quoting paramore-marie:

Tricep dips & tricep lifts are great for the bat wing area..

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Sending you a pm :)

Stephd710
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Light weights, LOTS of reps to the point of muscle exhaustion will burn that fat right off and tone it up!  Push ups, kickbacks, rows, extensions, all work!! 

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
So the lighter weight will work i just have to do lots of reps? Thank you!

Quoting Stephd710:

Light weights, LOTS of reps to the point of muscle exhaustion will burn that fat right off and tone it up!  Push ups, kickbacks, rows, extensions, all work!! 

Stephd710
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, heavy weights will build bulk and light weights will tone and burn fat. 

Quoting youllneverknow:

Quoting Stephd710:

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Stephd710:

Yes, heavy weights will build bulk and light weights will tone and burn fat. 

Quoting youllneverknow:

Quoting Stephd710:

Heavy weights are not going to make her bulk up though. It is very difficult for women to bulk up as we dont' have enough testosterone in our systems. By lifting heavier weights, she will manage to burn calories more effectively and can increase the rate at which she builds lean muscle mass as it takes 12 weeks to build 2-4 lbs of lean muscle mass.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)