Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

need advice..... cant exercise and I need to lose weight.... *long* please help...

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 30 Replies

okay so I always weighed between 130 and 140 (im almost 5 10) until 4 years ago when I had my son I never lost my pregnancy weight of 177 (didnt put enough effort in) it was easy to lose with my first but with 2 under 2 I guess I was lazy. well its been 4 years and I now weigh around 215 (not exactly sure) Im disgusted by myself my clothes dont fit I have no energy and Im always hungry i also dont really work havent in 2 years (thats when I gained the most) Im depressed and everything else. I try to snack healthy and I do actually with carrots broccoli my diet is 90% veggies Im working on cutting out pop Ive been drinking water...... heres the problem though....  I have severe and extremely painful pustular eczema on the bottoms of my feet Ive been hospitalized twice for infections and Im supposed to stay off my feet until they heal or they will keep getting worse and getting infected also its excrutiatingly painful to walk. so how in the world do I get any exercise???its a struggle just to walk dd to the bus stop half a block away. everytime I stand I almost fall down. I am so lost and idk what to do and I NEED to lose weight to I can play with my kids and have more energy and feel good about myself and I need to do it soon. hopefully by summer my feet will be healed and the kids will want to go to the beach but Im ashamed of my body and wont wear any type of bathing suit. I will swim at dfs aunts house or my aunts house but I dont even fit my bathing suit from 2 years ago and cant afford a new one. Im sorry this has gotten so long Im just at a loss and idk what to do.....

by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelanscalf89
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

anyone?????????

Monsita
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

hugsYOU CAN USE SOME EXERCISES THAT REQUIRES YOU, TO JUST SEAT....as lifting weight for now, until you are all better!

Angelanscalf89
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

thanks I just dont know if thatll help with the weight issue but aythings worth a try at this point.

Quoting Monsita:

hugsYOU CAN USE SOME EXERCISES THAT REQUIRES YOU, TO JUST SEAT....as lifting weight for now, until you are all better!

Do you believe in the art of growing old

Do you believe that rock n roll can save your soul

Do you believe in everything you do

Cuz when you do that's when it all comes back to you

Before you think about yourself

Think of someone else

Do it for yourself

And do it for someone else

when you love someone- kid rock

Angelanscalf89
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

what the heck must have changed my signature lol

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

anyone?????????

Think of someone else

Do it for yourself

JLo1486
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Sit ups, certain yoga , weights, and cutting calories. If you are in fact eating right, all you should need is to get moving. You can even dance without using your feet. Crazy , but just being on your knees and learning to belly dance is a great calorie burner and a great core work out and it keeps you moving. To work your legs, lay on your back and do "the bicycle". Things like that so you aren't on your feet but still work those muscles. You can look up all sorts of work out and spin them around to however works for your needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM

thanks

Quoting JLo1486:

Sit ups, certain yoga , weights, and cutting calories. If you are in fact eating right, all you should need is to get moving. You can even dance without using your feet. Crazy , but just being on your knees and learning to belly dance is a great calorie burner and a great core work out and it keeps you moving. To work your legs, lay on your back and do "the bicycle". Things like that so you aren't on your feet but still work those muscles. You can look up all sorts of work out and spin them around to however works for your needs.

taraf529
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

you can hula hoop on your knees.. great way to firm up your core and get the heart rate up which will help burn calories AND it will get you some very much needed serotonin to help with that depression. like someone previously mentioned to owkrouts seated.. you can lift your legs up to hep strengthen the core and the hip flexor area, use weights to do arm exercises, if you don't have weights start with soup cans or fill some gallon milk jugs with some water to add some weight as needed. there are tons of things you can do, you just have to be creative. Good luck! and i hope your feet feel better soon!

Angelanscalf89
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

thanks

Quoting taraf529:

you can hula hoop on your knees.. great way to firm up your core and get the heart rate up which will help burn calories AND it will get you some very much needed serotonin to help with that depression. like someone previously mentioned to owkrouts seated.. you can lift your legs up to hep strengthen the core and the hip flexor area, use weights to do arm exercises, if you don't have weights start with soup cans or fill some gallon milk jugs with some water to add some weight as needed. there are tons of things you can do, you just have to be creative. Good luck! and i hope your feet feel better soon!

Think of someone else

Do it for yourself

taraf529
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

to add: if you go to youtube search under SEATED WORKOUTS. there are TONS of good ones to help you get started :)

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

okay so I always weighed between 130 and 140 (im almost 5 10) until 4 years ago when I had my son I never lost my pregnancy weight of 177 (didnt put enough effort in) it was easy to lose with my first but with 2 under 2 I guess I was lazy. well its been 4 years and I now weigh around 215 (not exactly sure) Im disgusted by myself my clothes dont fit I have no energy and Im always hungry i also dont really work havent in 2 years (thats when I gained the most) Im depressed and everything else. I try to snack healthy and I do actually with carrots broccoli my diet is 90% veggies Im working on cutting out pop Ive been drinking water...... heres the problem though....  I have severe and extremely painful pustular eczema on the bottoms of my feet Ive been hospitalized twice for infections and Im supposed to stay off my feet until they heal or they will keep getting worse and getting infected also its excrutiatingly painful to walk. so how in the world do I get any exercise???its a struggle just to walk dd to the bus stop half a block away. everytime I stand I almost fall down. I am so lost and idk what to do and I NEED to lose weight to I can play with my kids and have more energy and feel good about myself and I need to do it soon. hopefully by summer my feet will be healed and the kids will want to go to the beach but Im ashamed of my body and wont wear any type of bathing suit. I will swim at dfs aunts house or my aunts house but I dont even fit my bathing suit from 2 years ago and cant afford a new one. Im sorry this has gotten so long Im just at a loss and idk what to do.....

Angelanscalf89
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks

Quoting taraf529:

to add: if you go to youtube search under SEATED WORKOUTS. there are TONS of good ones to help you get started :)

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Think of someone else

Do it for yourself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)