Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

hi everybody

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have about 50 lbs I want to lose but I have NO motivation. I don't know y and I don't know how to get it back. I hate being this weight. But I just don't know what to do....
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Hi welcome!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Welcome to the group!

I have a journal with some weight loss tips (click here), and one thing I like to suggest for people trying to get motivated is to write down all of the reasons WHY you want to lose weight.  It's hard to get focused if you can't answer that question.  It's also good to write out the things that stand in your way (aka excuses!  We all have them!), and how you will realistically overcome them.  You never know what you might come up with!

Good luck!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I didn't find my motivation until I had an unexpected "moment" during our Christmas pictures last December. Pictures really put it in perspective for me.
Everyone's moment is different. Maybe there is something that you want to do, feel, or even accomplish that will light the fire for you.
sillymumof2
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
My only excuse is that I live in a house with 4 men.:/ being the girl makes it hard to keep good foods in the house. OK rephrase its hard to keep the bad foods out haha

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome to the group!

I have a journal with some weight loss tips (click here), and one thing I like to suggest for people trying to get motivated is to write down all of the reasons WHY you want to lose weight.  It's hard to get focused if you can't answer that question.  It's also good to write out the things that stand in your way (aka excuses!  We all have them!), and how you will realistically overcome them.  You never know what you might come up with!

Good luck!  =)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM

That can be tough!  Well, what will you do that's realistic for you to overcome it?

Quoting sillymumof2:

My only excuse is that I live in a house with 4 men.:/ being the girl makes it hard to keep good foods in the house. OK rephrase its hard to keep the bad foods out haha

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome to the group!

Good luck!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillymumof2
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Barricade the fridge and pantry... tie it in chainnns and throw out the key. :)
Wait... realistic... I've got nothing. I haven't been able to find a good solution yet... I wish talking would help but my bf says healthy foods r tasteless. He needs to load everything in cheeses sauces and dressings. I just don't lknow how to get through thus obstacle... suggestions???

Quoting musicpisces:

That can be tough!  Well, what will you do that's realistic for you to overcome it?

Quoting sillymumof2:

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome to the group!

Good luck!  =)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

"He needs to load everything in cheeses sauces and dressings"

key word there is HE.  

If that is how he wants it, you cannot change that- let him have it. As for you, just skip that stuff and eat it plain or with some seasoning instead ;)

Quoting sillymumof2:

Barricade the fridge and pantry... tie it in chainnns and throw out the key. :)
Wait... realistic... I've got nothing. I haven't been able to find a good solution yet... I wish talking would help but my bf says healthy foods r tasteless. He needs to load everything in cheeses sauces and dressings. I just don't lknow how to get through thus obstacle... suggestions???

dmwood
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Welcome! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)