Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Earning that "marathoner" title!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 41 Replies

Yup, I've gone and done it!  I signed up for my first marathon last night!  I was supposed to do my first last June, but a knee injury took me down, so this is my second attempt.  I'm doing the Santa Rosa Marathon, a smallish, local one here with good swag.  The timing is perfect (I needed something in August to give me time to train, but not too far into the school year, as I'm still a student).  I'm also doing a few other races this summer (the Russian River Mud Run this weekend, Color Me Rad later this month, and Tough Mudder in July), so this will be a great race summer!  I'm debating a triathlon in June, just to put something else in there, and since I'm already doing all three sports, I might as well.  I'm kind of looking at this one.  I did my first duathlon at the same place through the same company.  We'll see.  Still mulling...

But I will be SO excited to slap that 26.2 sticker on my car!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yay! How exciting!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

cool!  sounds like a busy summer 

I am so NOT a runner ;)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

GOOD busy!  LOL

DH TOTALLY doesn't get it.  We actually got into it about this stuff last night, because he doesn't enjoy attending them.  I told him, "I never said you HAVE to attend them.  I'd love it if you WANTED to go, but I understand why you don't."  He's not a runner, either.  He did say he'd come to the finish of the marathon, though, because it's my first, and he acknowledges that it's a big deal.  Bucket list item for me!

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

cool!  sounds like a busy summer 

I am so NOT a runner ;)

Suzanne

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I'm SO excited for you!!!

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Awesome !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Go for it!  I'm not sure I'll ever really want to do a full marathon, but I never thought I'd want to do a half either and I have one under my belt (walking) and training for my second (as a runner!).  Then again, the Little Rock Marathon medal is epic and tempting =)

Miss.penguin
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
You live crazy close to where i live! I wish i had weekends (or could get a few weekends) off to do a few of these too, but its a no go! Have a blast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM
That's so exciting! I want to do all that but it's no fun doing it alone. So I just stick to video workouts.
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM
That's great! I've considered it, but I don't know if I've got what it takes.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I'm doing them all alone, too, except I was able to get a friend to sign up for the mud run this weekend.  I'd rather do them alone than never do any races!

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

That's so exciting! I want to do all that but it's no fun doing it alone. So I just stick to video workouts.

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)