Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 2: Cardio Exercise

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 230 Replies

Welcome to day 2 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

If you want to lose it, you have to move it!

It's time to move! Losing weight requires almost an hour of moderate exercise daily.

The most effective way is through cardio and strength training.
Cardio burns the most calories so it is ideal for weight loss. However, you must also include a few hours of strength training during the week, to build muscle which in turns burns fat.

If you are just beginning your workout regimen, pace yourself. Do not do too much too soon. Work your way up to avoid injury.

A good way to increase the intensity of your workouts and to get maximum calorie burn is to do interval training. This is when you do brief moments of high intensity movements, followed by slower paced movements, repeating that pattern throughout your workout.

Commit to doing cardio:
Whatever your lifestyle or circumstance, there is a cardio workout for you.

• If you have a gym membership, you can take advantage of all the cardio machines and classes available.
  • If you workout at home, you can jump rope, do jumping jacks, run up and down the stairs, dance in your living room or do a cardio fitness DVD.
  • If you prefer the outdoors, you can walk, run, swim, bike, hike, or go climbing. The possibilities are endless.
  • Any movement can be a cardio workout as long as there is enough intensity to it.

How often do you do cardio?

What types of cardio exercise do you do?

During this bootcamp are you committed to doing cardio daily?

Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here to take you to the Day 2 cardio log.

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5forjulie
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

everyday I do cardio at my gym :) 

running, biking , 

YES I am ...going to do a tough mudder this year 

Nicki1995
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyday. I walk. Yes
Mdmooch
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a toddler and an infant so I am constantly on the move. Now my toddler has a bike so I am chasing him up and down the street several hours a day. So right now that constitutes my cardio! :-)
TimetoMomUp

How often do you do cardio? I do 30 mintues on the treadmill.  I am trying to increase my speed and distance.  It is less than stellar now.

What types of cardio exercise do you do? Treadmill, walking/running.

During this bootcamp are you committed to doing cardio daily? Yes.

sweetheart4171
1 mom liked this

How often do you do cardio? Normally I do cardio 5-6 days a week, but this past week I've been sick with a UTI so it's held me back

What types of cardio exercise do you do? I love to do a walk/run routine I aim for 5 miles a day on a good day, but sometimes only get 3 miles in

During this bootcamp are you committed to doing cardio daily? ABSOLUTELY....going to do my 3 miles this afternoon!!!

Beenhereforever
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Walk everyday
emeraldangel20
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

i walk everyday, trying to start jogging everyday

of course i'm committed :P

twinners.mama
by New Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I do cardio at least three times a week. Sometimes more, although pushing my girls in the double stroller should count ad cardio. .....it's heavy now lol
jbirdsladie27
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Does my recumbent bike count?
nenaswife
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I will do cardio, it's not my favorite.  I would rather do strength training.  I have found that walking against the lazy river at my health club's pool counts as cardio and strength.  I can do that easy and not get bored. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)