Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I finally ran!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 14 Replies
3 moms liked this

After going to the gym 2 to 3 days a week for the past 3 weeks I was finally able to run! Its been over 2 years, almost 3 since I was able to get to a run. It was a slow run and only for about a 90 seconds but for those 90 seconds it was all running. I was so happy! And exhausted. But I can't wait to go again and keep this up.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shawna510
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Aweeeeeeeeee so happy for you! I picked up running last summer. Even did a few 5ks. Really working on my time, dropped 35 pounds. Well, I lost my mojo over the winter. 1st day back at the gym today and cant wait to get running again soon.
just.jessie
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i have never ever been a runner. I think my problem is that I went from the couch to trying to flat out run. I didn't condition my body or work up to it. But today, at 35 min out of my 40 min work out I finally felt that energy. I didn't plan it, I just went. And my knees didn't kill me and even my fat didn't hurt moving around like it would. I wanted to cry I was so happy

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting just.jessie:

i have never ever been a runner. I think my problem is that I went from the couch to trying to flat out run. I didn't condition my body or work up to it. But today, at 35 min out of my 40 min work out I finally felt that energy. I didn't plan it, I just went. And my knees didn't kill me and even my fat didn't hurt moving around like it would. I wanted to cry I was so happy

Been there, mama!!  That's the BEST THING EVER!!  I was never a runner, either, and I almost cried the first time I ran a mile.  When I hit major milestones, I totally cry!

Great job, mama!!  WOO HOO!!!!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

roxysmommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:54 AM

That is awesome!!! I love that you're celebrating this as a victory! Amazing!

just.jessie
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Quoting roxysmommy:

to me, it is a victory. I've never really wanted to run But I've always wanted the ability to run. I finally stopped giving up and finally did it. now I just have to keep moving. I want to be able to run 30 minutes to start with

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

roxysmommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I hope you didn't take this as me saying it wasn't a victory. Everytime we push ourselves to do something we didn't think we could do it should be celebrated! You've got the right attitude, you'll meet your goals for sure!

Quoting just.jessie:

Quoting roxysmommy:

to me, it is a victory. I've never really wanted to run But I've always wanted the ability to run. I finally stopped giving up and finally did it. now I just have to keep moving. I want to be able to run 30 minutes to start with

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Quoting just.jessie:

Quoting roxysmommy:

You have the right attitude!  You'll reach those 30 minutes before you know it (and likely want to cry again!  LOL).  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

That's awesome and I bet it feels amazing!!

TishHughes
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
That's great
bibdybobdyboob
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM

woohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN