Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What is a lightweight piece of workout equipment for cardio?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 5 Replies

I want to buy something used that I can carry up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment with no help. I am actually pretty strong, but when you get to the 3rd flight of stairs with even the smallest load... its tiring!

If i were buying something new, I would pay for delivery, but alas, I am probably looking for something on craigslist that I will have to pick up and bring up myself. Any ideas of what cardio equipment I could buy that would be light weight enough for me to carry up my stairs myself?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Jumprope!  =)  Though your neighbors might disagree...  LOL

Do you have a bike?  You can get a trainer that you can attach it to, so you can ride in your living room.

There are always DVDs, of course, too.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mariemciver2000
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Wrist *& ankle weights are good for this! You may like it :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Those can actually increase your injury risk, if you're using them for things like walking or running.  They can impact your form, which can be dangerous.  If you're using them for isolated strength moves, that's fine, but just be careful using them for other things.

Quoting mariemciver2000:

Wrist *& ankle weights are good for this! You may like it :)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

KenneMaw
by New Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Are you only wanting to work out in your apt?  If not, you couild buy a pair of roller blades and there are some light weight bikes out there, some around 5lbs.   If you just want exercise equip, the large resistant bands are great for toning.   Jumping rope is one of the very best exercises out there.  

imacafemomer
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I live in a city, its hard to get up to any speed on a bike or roller blades, I would spend 90% of the time waiting for traffic. I tried already with running. There is a dirt trail that runs along a river that I can jog on but it gets sort of creepy. I will try jumping rope more. I have been alternating legs because of how loud i am when I land. I am afraid the downstairs neighbors will get upset. I will also try the resistance bands. I remember how great those were back when I went to the gym

Quoting KenneMaw:

Are you only wanting to work out in your apt?  If not, you couild buy a pair of roller blades and there are some light weight bikes out there, some around 5lbs.   If you just want exercise equip, the large resistant bands are great for toning.   Jumping rope is one of the very best exercises out there.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN