Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 3: Track Your Progress
Welcome to day 3 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!
Journal Your Way to Weight Loss
Along with eating right and cardio/strength training, keeping a food journal is an important and effective part of losing weight.
Writing down EVERYTHING you eat and drink will help you stay on track. Here is how a food journal can impact your weight loss.
- Studies show that people who properly maintain a food journal eat 15% less food than those who don't.
- By seeing exactly what you eat everyday, you can begin to cut certain types of foods out of your diet.
- Your journal serves as a record of everything that you do or do not eat. With a journal you can determine if you are deficient in certain food groups or over indulging in others.
- When you reach a plateau in your weight loss, you can look back to a successful week and recreate it.
- The act of writing/logging your food intake will keep you accountable to yourself.
Details are the key!
The most important parts of your food journal include:
- Time of Meal: Record the time of day each meal/snack is eaten
- Food Item Information: Name of food
- Cooking Method: (baked, broiled, fried etc...)
- Sauces or condiments added (these account for many calories often over looked)
- Serving size: How much you eat is just as important as what you eat.
For example: A 'bowl of cereal' is not as helpful as '1 cup of corn flakes with a 1/2 cup of skim milk'.
Do you keep a food journal?
If not, how do you track what you are eating and how do you know how many calories you are consuming?
Do you think tracking your food intake will help you to make healthier food choices and maintain your calorie range?
If you don't keep a food journal, now is a good time to start!
One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30 daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!
Click here to sign up:
Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!