Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 3: Track Your Progress

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 208 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to day 3 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Journal Your Way to Weight Loss

Along with eating right and cardio/strength training, keeping a food journal is an important and effective part of losing weight.

Writing down EVERYTHING you eat and drink will help you stay on track. Here is how a food journal can impact your weight loss.

• Studies show that people who properly maintain a food journal eat 15% less food than those who don't.
  • By seeing exactly what you eat everyday, you can begin to cut certain types of foods out of your diet.
  • Your journal serves as a record of everything that you do or do not eat. With a journal you can determine if you are deficient in certain food groups or over indulging in others.
  • When you reach a plateau in your weight loss, you can look back to a successful week and recreate it.
  • The act of writing/logging your food intake will keep you accountable to yourself.

Details are the key!

The most important parts of your food journal include:

• Time of Meal: Record the time of day each meal/snack is eaten
  • Food Item Information: Name of food
  • Cooking Method: (baked, broiled, fried etc...)
  • Sauces or condiments added (these account for many calories often over looked)
  • Serving size: How much you eat is just as important as what you eat.

For example: A 'bowl of cereal' is not as helpful as '1 cup of corn flakes with a 1/2 cup of skim milk'.

Do you keep a food journal?

If not, how do you track what you are eating and how do you know how many calories you are consuming?

Do you think tracking your food intake will help you to make healthier food choices and maintain your calorie range?

If you don't keep a food journal, now is a good time to start!

Don't forget, once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 3 Cardio log.

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM

No, I haven't been keeping a food jounrnal.

Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I just watch what I eat and never eat junk.

Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I think it would help to keep a journal because I forget to eat certain foods some days.

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM

No I have not been keeping a food journal.  I just choose healthy options.  Once you elimante processed foods its all easier or at least for me.

singlemama0905
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
yes I do
Beenhereforever
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I use my fitness pal
mommaFruFru
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I use my fitness pal
emeraldangel20
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

MYFITNESSPAL!

lol it helps me keep track of EVERYTHING

Ginnygurl97
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I'm going to start one now!
singlemama0905
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I use myfitnesspal. it's great to keep track of what I eat, my.exercising,.and track.my progress. plus, I can connect to friends profiles so we see each others progress. it's great to.help keep motivation up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)