Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

That's it. I'm signing us up!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 14 Replies

Last year I got into running and really enjoyed it, but unfortunetly fell out of it. I tried getting back into it again this year but my heart just wasn't in it. I did one mud run event last year and had a lot of fun. I want to start getting into it again. So I've decided to get my almost 7 year old dd in on it with me. DH can't do events with me becuase we don't have anyone to watch the kids for us. So I figured this way it would give dd and I some mother daughter bonding time while keeping ourselves healthy. Of course we'll only be able to do kid friendly events right now, but that's better than nothing! DD did a Smile Mile run earlier this year and she loved it. She said she wanted to do it again next year. So... I've decided to sign us both up for Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k at Disney this year in November. Wish us luck!!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dee06
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I just signed my 6yr old up for a 1/4 mile fun run that he gets to do by himself. The race is tomorrow and he has been telling everyone how he ride his bike for training. 

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I did that one last year. It's lots of fun...Hailey will love it! I'm planning on doing the wine and dine half this year which is the same day but at night.
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
He will love it! Good luck to him :D

Quoting dee06:

I just signed my 6yr old up for a 1/4 mile fun run that he gets to do by himself. The race is tomorrow and he has been telling everyone how he ride his bike for training. 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Doing the half was a goal of mine to do this year. But since I'm starting new again, I don't think I'd be ready for that this year. I know November is 6 months from now, but that time will fly by.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I did that one last year. It's lots of fun...Hailey will love it! I'm planning on doing the wine and dine half this year which is the same day but at night.
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM
You could always sign up for the Wdw marathon weekend half or the princess half

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Doing the half was a goal of mine to do this year. But since I'm starting new again, I don't think I'd be ready for that this year. I know November is 6 months from now, but that time will fly by.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Go for it! 

Lilly just ran her very first 5K 2 weeks ago. She had not trained at all, so I set a goal of 45 minutes and she did it in 43:10!! I was so proud of her. She did beg to walk constantly, but I kept pushing her to run. I've registered myself for the Electric Run next weekend here in Atlanta and she is running it with me ( she is free since she is 7). I'm thinking of the Color Me Rad for us in July, and she wants to do the Color Run in September. I'm debating a half marathon in the fall as well..it's been a while since I've gotten to run one and I'm due. 

One of these days I'll head down and run one of the DW races with Jess! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on May. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds fun!

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Yay for Lilly!! Is she wanting to run more? Hailey is excited for the 5k because it's at Disney even though we go to Disney almost every weekend, lol. When is the one in July? We're going up there to visit my mom for the 4th.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Go for it! 

Lilly just ran her very first 5K 2 weeks ago. She had not trained at all, so I set a goal of 45 minutes and she did it in 43:10!! I was so proud of her. She did beg to walk constantly, but I kept pushing her to run. I've registered myself for the Electric Run next weekend here in Atlanta and she is running it with me ( she is free since she is 7). I'm thinking of the Color Me Rad for us in July, and she wants to do the Color Run in September. I'm debating a half marathon in the fall as well..it's been a while since I've gotten to run one and I'm due. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Yay for Lilly!! Is she wanting to run more? Hailey is excited for the 5k because it's at Disney even though we go to Disney almost every weekend, lol. When is the one in July? We're going up there to visit my mom for the 4th.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Go for it! 

She is all for it...until she is doing it. LOL ....we got 1/4 mile into the race and she said " can we walk?"... I looked at my child and told her no, we were barely into it and she had to run to a certain point and then we would walk. 

The Color Me Rad is in Conyers on July 13th. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
That's not far from where Michael used to work. He worked in Lithonia for a couple years before they relocated his office to Braselton.
Too bad we're coming home on the 6th. It sounds like fun!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Go for it! 

She is all for it...until she is doing it. LOL ....we got 1/4 mile into the race and she said " can we walk?"... I looked at my child and told her no, we were barely into it and she had to run to a certain point and then we would walk. 

The Color Me Rad is in Conyers on July 13th. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN