Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 4: Walk it Away!

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 154 Replies

Welcome to day 4 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Make walking a workout.

While high intensity cardio burns fat fast, exercise doesn't have to be hard to be effective. Walking is an excellent form of cardio exercise and requires no equipment except for a good pair of shoes. Walking is a good starting place for those just beginning their fitness journey.
It is also beneficial to those who already have a good workout in place, as an added daily workout.
You can lose up to 60 pounds in a year with a clean diet and regular walking.
Walking also helps to lower cholestrol, reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, increases bone strength and improves circulation.

Challenge Yourself!

If you want to get the most out of any workout, you have to challenge yourself. Here is how you can challenge youself when walking:

• Wear a pedometer, all day, every day. See how many steps you are taking. Once you create a baseline, increase your daily steps by 500 as often as you can. Push yourself to do it.
  • Find a walking partner. A partner provides accountability.
  • Sign up for a race or charity walk. An upcoming event gives you a goal to aim for and will motiviate you to stick with a workout program to be prepared for the event.
  • Find an online weight loss/accountability buddy.  Click here to find a weight loss buddy.
  • Once you are comfortable, increase the intensity of your walking workout by speeding up the pace, walking on an incline, walking on a rougher surface or adding a weighted vest or ankle weights.

Are you taking at least 10,000 steps a day? If not, how soon do you think you can get there?

Do you walk for fitness?

During this bootcamp try fitting in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking a day, on top of your daily cardio/workouts for maximum effect.

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 4 Cardio log.

**Don't forget to update your food journal!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkcsmtlgy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I have a pedometer and I try to get 10,000 step a day. Sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less.

randomosityblog
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

It's really hard for me to get 10,000 steps in so I set my goal at 7,500 and so far I've been averaging about that. One day this week I did 13,000 but the other days it's been raining. Sigh.

This is from my FitBit. I love that it shows me everything, how it's broken down, etc. It really motivates me.

cgarlic
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I want a pedometer. Today I will be walking a lot because I'm going to a community yard sale. People set up all over town
blueeyedpixie
by Sarah on May. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I don't know how many steps I take. I need to get a pedometer. I trying to walk my son to and from school as much as I can especially since its finally getting warmer.
AudlyLuvly
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I walk constantly. I walked 8 miles the other day. I am pretty sure I take 10,000 steps a day, but don't have a pedometer
mommaFruFru
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I need to buy a pedometer! I do a lot if normal walking with my 17mo in his ergo! It's hard work LOL
SexyAngelBaby
UGH I seriously just wanna cry... I need my husband of course he is up at his moms where we are currently living working the ranch while I am here at my folks watching my siblings and need to know my mom is okay which I still have about 30 minutes or more before I will know anything...
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I need to find my Pedometer and start using it again especailly with it getting warmer and when dd and I walk more..

singlemama0905
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a pedometer app on my phone.. I usually average aboit 12,000 steps
Hanab818
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yes, I walk 10,000 steps a day. Last year for my bday dh got me the nike fuel band. I love it. on top of calories, and sistance, steps it give me points which is a good way for me to turn working out into a game, making it a little more fun for me.

momof2girls89
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm already doing this :) My goal is 10,000 steps a day. Sometimes I just don't have time, but I try to get as many as I can :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)