Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 4: Walk it Away!
Welcome to day 4 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!
Make walking a workout.
While high intensity cardio burns fat fast, exercise doesn't have to be hard to be effective. Walking is an excellent form of cardio exercise and requires no equipment except for a good pair of shoes. Walking is a good starting place for those just beginning their fitness journey.
It is also beneficial to those who already have a good workout in place, as an added daily workout.
You can lose up to 60 pounds in a year with a clean diet and regular walking.
Walking also helps to lower cholestrol, reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, increases bone strength and improves circulation.
If you want to get the most out of any workout, you have to challenge yourself. Here is how you can challenge youself when walking:
- Wear a pedometer, all day, every day. See how many steps you are taking. Once you create a baseline, increase your daily steps by 500 as often as you can. Push yourself to do it.
- Find a walking partner. A partner provides accountability.
- Sign up for a race or charity walk. An upcoming event gives you a goal to aim for and will motiviate you to stick with a workout program to be prepared for the event.
- Find an online weight loss/accountability buddy. Click here to find a weight loss buddy.
- Once you are comfortable, increase the intensity of your walking workout by speeding up the pace, walking on an incline, walking on a rougher surface or adding a weighted vest or ankle weights.
Are you taking at least 10,000 steps a day? If not, how soon do you think you can get there?
Do you walk for fitness?
During this bootcamp try fitting in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking a day, on top of your daily cardio/workouts for maximum effect.
**Don't forget to update your food journal!
One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30 daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!
Click here to sign up:
Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!