Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Work Outs

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

Doing 3 days a week cardio and 3 days a week str training should max my weight loss if i eat properly rite? i have heard this many many times. I know gym 6 days a week isnt always realistic. but im going to give it all i can to go 6 days a week

by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

How's your food intake?  You can't out-exercise a poor diet.  But it will help for sure, and I'm glad you are incorporating strength training!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

kbix82
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

i'm on weight watchers actually, I eat lean protien like chicken, pork. sometimes beef. alot of fresh fruits and alot of veggies. i'm thinking i may need to incoperate some more protien to help recover from muscle soreness oh and potasium. but banana's give me awful heart burn.. what else is good for potasium?

Quoting musicpisces:

How's your food intake?  You can't out-exercise a poor diet.  But it will help for sure, and I'm glad you are incorporating strength training!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

What about beans, legumes, nuts, quinoa, and other non-meat sources of protein?  Fish is also good, and tuna is actually a good source of potassium.  I have a list of high potassium foods (click here).  Basically all fresh fruits and vegetables have at least some potassium.  Potassium also works to lower your blood pressure.

Water is actually more important for muscle soreness.  Make sure you keep moving, too, to keep blood flow going to your muscles.  After you lift weights, a little protein is good, and after you do cardio, more carbs than protein (usually a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio).

Quoting kbix82:

i'm on weight watchers actually, I eat lean protien like chicken, pork. sometimes beef. alot of fresh fruits and alot of veggies. i'm thinking i may need to incoperate some more protien to help recover from muscle soreness oh and potasium. but banana's give me awful heart burn.. what else is good for potasium?

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

kbix82
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM

thanks for the suggestions i forgot legumes have alot of protine, nuts arnt allowed in the house due to an allergic child

Quoting musicpisces:

What about beans, legumes, nuts, quinoa, and other non-meat sources of protein?  Fish is also good, and tuna is actually a good source of potassium.  I have a list of high potassium foods (click here).  Basically all fresh fruits and vegetables have at least some potassium.  Potassium also works to lower your blood pressure.

Water is actually more important for muscle soreness.  Make sure you keep moving, too, to keep blood flow going to your muscles.  After you lift weights, a little protein is good, and after you do cardio, more carbs than protein (usually a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio).

Quoting kbix82:

Quoting musicpisces:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN