Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

do you get frustrated when you get pulled away from your workout

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

I know i do. Especially if i'm really really wanting to do it, and one of the kids comes up bc they need something, i get frustrated. or if i'm working out, all hell breaks loose and i have to stop for the day.

OH and my favorite (not) doing planks, and counting how long to hold them, and my almost 5 yr old comes out and starts spewing numbers at me! lol fun stuff

by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

yea i hate that too. i try to work out when dd's napping but her naps are pretty random. so when i have 15 minutes left and she starts moving, i just have to pray she keeps sleeping lol 

ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Yes!! My kids have realized (since we started Crossfit) that it is EXTREMELY dangerous to bug someone during a workout. Even at home they know that it has to be an emergency or else it can wait a few minutes. My kids have also found mom is much happier if she gets her workout ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoonShadowDream
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

my kids all play together, only my youngest takes a nap now, so they keep eachother entertained for the most part, but other wise its like "UGGGGGGGG"

Quoting boshs1andonly:

yea i hate that too. i try to work out when dd's napping but her naps are pretty random. so when i have 15 minutes left and she starts moving, i just have to pray she keeps sleeping lol 

boshs1andonly
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM

right now we're staying at my sister's so she has her two cousins to play with and keep her busy. but it's still easier to do it at naptime otherwise they randomly lie on the floor and i have to watch my step lol

Quoting MoonShadowDream:

my kids all play together, only my youngest takes a nap now, so they keep eachother entertained for the most part, but other wise its like "UGGGGGGGG"

Quoting boshs1andonly:

kris0921
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Yep its a pain. But if I have to complete stop, I just try to do house work, like cleaning the bathroom or deep cleaning all the rooms. It helps me burn the calories and keep a handle in things.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Yes. I get up and do my workout before hubby goes to work. That way he's dealing the boys if they get up early. I get really grumpy if my workout is interrupted.
raefmom
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM

That is why I started getting up early to work out. If I don't, chances are I will skip.

I was so tired of the kids coming and complaining that they wanted XYZ. My daughter has started asking that I do it and she mimics me. On those days I will do a second workout with her. She is cute trying to keep up with me and the video. 

MoonShadowDream
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM

hehe my kids do that too. they love doing yoga poses with me :]

Quoting raefmom:

That is why I started getting up early to work out. If I don't, chances are I will skip.

I was so tired of the kids coming and complaining that they wanted XYZ. My daughter has started asking that I do it and she mimics me. On those days I will do a second workout with her. She is cute trying to keep up with me and the video. 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I hated getting interrupted! It makes me lose my focus and makes me not want to keep going.

EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sometimes. DS is generally very good about leaving me alone while I run though, thankfully. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)