Welcome to Day 6 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!
How much you eat is just as important as what you eat!
In order to achieve weight loss, a healthy diet is key. Part of that equation is portion control. Too much healthy food can also sabotage your efforts.
How much you eat is just as important as what you eat. Today is all about retraining your eyes and portion control.
- 25% of your plate should be Protein
- 25% of your plate should be Starches (about the size of your fist)
- 50% of your plate should be Vegetables/Fruit
Here are a few tips to understanding healthy serving sizes. The following examples are equivalent to one healthy serving size.
- A cup of vegetables or fruit is the size of your fist.
- 3 ounces of meat, fish, or poultry is the size of a deck of cards or the size of your palm (minus the fingers).
- Snacks such as nuts is about the size of a cupped handful.
- Apple is the size of a baseball.
- Potato is the size of a computer mouse.
- Bagel is the size of a hockey puck.
- Rice is the size of a cupcake wrapper.
- An ounce of cheese is the size of your whole thumb (from the tip to the base).
Eat a variety of foods - lean protein, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and good fats like omega-3.
Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, choosing different colors to ensure optimal nutrition.
Do you use a food scale to weigh and measure your food?
Do you properly portion all of your meals?
Share your portion control tips and guidelines.
**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 6 Cardio log.
** Don't forget to update your food journal.
** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.
One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30 daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!
Click here to sign up:
Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!
Join us in the Healthy Weight Loss group
on May. 6, 2013 at 8:32 AM