Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 7: Run, Run as Fast as You Can ~ BONUS DAY

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 157 Replies

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle!

Welcome to day 7 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Run, run as fast as you can!
Whether you run an 8 minute mile or an 18 minute mile, you are getting an excellent form of cardio and burning fat.

It doesn't matter if you are a beginner, seasoned or competitive runner, there IS a running regimen for you.

If you currently don't run, challenge yourself to try running. You can start out slow and build your way up. C25K is a great beginning program to start with.
Set a goal in mind and register for a 5K to keep yourself motivated.

If you are a seasoned runner, challenge yourself with distance, pace, time or new terrain.

Running is one of the most important and natural exercises a person can do in order to lose weight and/or be fit.

The benefits of running include:

The best form of cardiovascular exercise

Increases your stamina and agility

Works your whole body

Burns a significant amount of calories

Improves bone density

Strengthens your muscles

Helps you to sleep better

Reduces your risk of Type 2 Diabetes

With a regular running routine, studies have shown that it reduces your risk of breast, uterine and bowel cancers

Positive effects on mental health

Strengthens  your lungs

Boosts your energy levels

The best benefit is that running is FREE!

While you are challenging yourself, make sure you check out the Q&A Giveaway Post, where guest expert,  author and runner Jennifer Graham will be answering your questions!

Are you a runner?

If not, are you willing to try a beginning running program to challenge yourself?

If you are a runner, do you run competitively?

How do you challenge yourself?

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 7 Cardio log.

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Giveaway starts 5/1/13 at 10am (ET) and ends 5/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.

Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Water Bottle.

The random drawing shall occur on or about 6/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I am not a runner, i do fast walking and ive been working up to a bit of jogging but my knees dont appreciate it so i think my form is off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Use to run a lot till mess up my foot/ankle not so much now it tens to hurt more when I run then when I walk so I do more of that now
AphrexiaX
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I run every other day. Just ran my first 5k two weeks ago. It was a fun run. I don't run competitively, butm not opposed to it eventually. I installed a zombie app on my phone that uses zombies chasing you to get you to run. That and upbeat music fuels my runs.
Mdmooch
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not a runner at all.  I used to run short distance in high school, but those long distances are not for me.  However I find that since my oldest has a bike, I am running after him every day.  So I guess that is my running program!

Vamp
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you a runner? Only if zombies are after me LOL

If not, are you willing to try a beginning running program to challenge yourself? I guess I could

If you are a runner, do you run competitively? not a runner

How do you challenge yourself? thinking on how good I will look good

bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I would LOVE to start running again! I don't even know where to start though. :(
myoldest1999
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I really can't run at this point...I have arthritis in my hips, knees and feet. :-(
Damienswife
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I do not run.. but speed walk. However I got some good advice from the guest speaker and will use
Krystle21
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I'm not a runner but I would like to start. I'm gonna try the couch to 5K challenge. I'm excited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not a runner. I have arthritis and asthma, so it makes it very difficult. But I did run with my son this morning! Almost missed the bus!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)