Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share your NSVs!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 59 Replies
What's an NSV? Non-scale victory! Tell us about a victory you've had that is NOT pounds lost! Are your pants falling off? Did someone notice your loss? Did you beat a goal? Share with us!
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
4 moms liked this
I'll start! Yesterday I went to the bank to cash a check. My DL is from Feb 2009, about 20 lbs before I hit my highest weight. For the first time, my ID wasn't accepted! DH has been saying how I'm going to need a new passport, and my DL expires in March, so I've been holding off, plus, I REALLY want to be at my ultimate goal before I renew it. But that was the first time someone has actually not accepted it. LOL
MamaJessx3
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM
5 moms liked this
My NSV this week would be moving up to 20" for box jumps at crossfit, which is RXing for women. My goal ultimately is to be able to RX anything. I'm getting there one thing at a time :) Being able to do 20" box jumps was a big deal to me because I wasn't sure I'd ever get there. I was always afraid to try. Then this week I went in one day and was like "ah what the hell?" and I grabbed a box and jumped! And I made it. So I did it 4 more times just to make sure...perfect every time :)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Nice!!  Box jumps freak me out- I just KNOW I'm going to crack a shin and fall on my face!  LOL  That's awesome!!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

My NSV this week would be moving up to 20" for box jumps at crossfit, which is RXing for women. My goal ultimately is to be able to RX anything. I'm getting there one thing at a time :) Being able to do 20" box jumps was a big deal to me because I wasn't sure I'd ever get there. I was always afraid to try. Then this week I went in one day and was like "ah what the hell?" and I grabbed a box and jumped! And I made it. So I did it 4 more times just to make sure...perfect every time :)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

paramore-marie
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:46 AM
5 moms liked this
My nsv? (Mainly because I actually gained a 1lb) But I'm extremely proud because I had lost a pound and then I gained a pound this week.. You may think well, that doesn't seem very exciting.. BUT, it was a pound of fat that I had originally lost and I was down to my goal weight before I started trying to gain my muscle back. And then I gained a pound, in muscle! I look more toned now and my pants dropped a size!!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Great job ladies!!!

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM
4 moms liked this
I finished week five of c25k and I'm starting week six. It's crazy I never thought I would get this far. Of and the roll I had around my tummy hips and back is so much smaller now :)
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM
3 moms liked this

I worked out 500 min last week...

bluesky51201
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I did week 1 run 3 for C25K yesterday and my best interval was 11 minutes! The best for run 2 was 13 minutes.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

That's fantastic!!  Keep it up!  Welcome to the "Runners Club"!  =)

Quoting KelliansMom:

I finished week five of c25k and I'm starting week six. It's crazy I never thought I would get this far. Of and the roll I had around my tummy hips and back is so much smaller now :)

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Wow, that's a lot!

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I worked out 500 min last week...

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)