Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hello! New here!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hello mommas!

My name is Kayla, I am 22 years old. Married to my husband Steven who is 21. Dh and I are currently ttc but figured we should focus on some weight loss first. I would like to lose 50lbs by thanksgiving and then lose 20lbs by jan 11,2014. Dh is working on losing weight as well. He just applied for criminal justice/police science and has to lose 150lbs in 2 years.
Any tips would be great!
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 6, 2013 at 6:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group Kayla! 

My first question is how much weight do you have to lose? 

50 lbs in 6 months is going to be a big goal...The first goal is 27 weeks away, so if you lose 1.5 lbs per week, you are looking at 45 lbs...keep in mind, in the beginning you will lose a considerable amount of weight quickly, ie-water weight. It will slow down after a couple of months most likely. Some weeks, you may lose 3 lbs...some you may lose 1/4 lb and some you may not lose any at all.. The first goal does not concern me at all.. the 2nd goal concerns me a lot. You are giving yourself not even a month to lose 20 lbs. You want to go from Thanksgiving to January ( 5 weeks) to lose 20 lbs... this is not attainable nor is it a healthy loss.. I'm hoping that I'm misinterpreting the dates...At that point, you will be closer to your goal weight, which is going to make it more difficult to lose weight and losing that quickly will be detrimental to you. 

The best things I can tell you are these: eat cleanly ( no processed foods), drink 1/2 your weight in water in oz daily, do cardio 4-5x per week, strength training 2-3x per week, and add flexibility/core work 2-3x per week. This will get you to your goal. 

Let me know if you need help. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Welcome to the group!

mkingsley
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Wow awesome!! I would like to loose 35 to 50 lbs ASAP and would love tips. I eat healthy, fruit, veggies, really don't keep junk in the house. Can't loose much I am working and going to school full time as well as raising two girls in my own, so time is an issue
mamaof3forlife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Welcome :)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Welcome to the group, Kayla!

I had the same questions as Claire.  How much do you have to lose? 

If you're not already familiar with eating clean, I have a journal that breaks it down (click here). 

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Kayla2013
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Thank you ladies. I recently went to the dr last week. She told me if I lose 70lbs by my birthday 1-11-2014, she will help us with ttc. It is a huge motivator for me. I have lost 5 babies and been ttc for 3+ years. I'm 325 right now. I graduate next week and the summer is all mine to bust my butt. Sorry if my goals are out there but even if I come close to 260-280 she is willing to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EiuGirl316
by Leah on May. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN