Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone have an update on Hunnybadgerkins/Kat?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 19 Replies

I was just wondering how she's doing? Anyone heard?

Thanks.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I've been wondering about her the last few days too.

Hope she's okay

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I spoke with her the other night.  She wasn't able to get into the facility her friend found in AZ, so she's been staying with her friend.  She's starting to work out again, and although she's frustrated that she still can't at her old intensity, she's just glad to be moving again.  She looks to have just found a cooking job (she's a chef), and is not loving being back at work, but needs to do it.  She's found a free group she can attend once a week, but once she has income, she plans to attend some low-cost groups and find an individual therapist.

She and Mike are getting along right now, and even though they're still planning to divorce, she said he's talking of moving to AZ so that the kids can be closer.  His parents are driving him nuts, and refuse to help him buy a plane ticket to get her back to NY.

She's been Skyping with the kids every day, which she loves being able to do.

Overall she sounds like she's doing well.  Her friend is kicking her butt in gear and keeping her on track, keeping her eating (she wasn't for a long time).

I meant to update the group- sorry!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MiMi.
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM
That update makes me so sad :(. It's unreal how one minute you life is a certain way and then bam, one event tosses everything upside down. I'm so sad for her and her kids.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM

It's not all bad, though, really.  She's working on a lot of things that were present before this all happened, and getting space from very unsupportive people, and she's able to really focus on herself, which isn't a bad thing.  I think the worst thing for her right now is just being away from the kids.

Quoting MiMi.:

That update makes me so sad :(. It's unreal how one minute you life is a certain way and then bam, one event tosses everything upside down. I'm so sad for her and her kids.

Suzanne

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on May. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM
oh goodness..i must have missed something. How did she end up in AZ. i was following her updates..but missed something somewhere. I hope and pray she is ok.
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that Mike is being more cooperative now. Sounds like he gets a lot of negative pressure from his family which probably causes some of his unwanted behavoir too. I also think it is a good thing that she has gotten a job. If she keeps busy, there is less time to stress about everything that is bothering her.

Wish her well from us when you chat with her next.

Quoting musicpisces:

I spoke with her the other night.  She wasn't able to get into the facility her friend found in AZ, so she's been staying with her friend.  She's starting to work out again, and although she's frustrated that she still can't at her old intensity, she's just glad to be moving again.  She looks to have just found a cooking job (she's a chef), and is not loving being back at work, but needs to do it.  She's found a free group she can attend once a week, but once she has income, she plans to attend some low-cost groups and find an individual therapist.

She and Mike are getting along right now, and even though they're still planning to divorce, she said he's talking of moving to AZ so that the kids can be closer.  His parents are driving him nuts, and refuse to help him buy a plane ticket to get her back to NY.

She's been Skyping with the kids every day, which she loves being able to do.

Overall she sounds like she's doing well.  Her friend is kicking her butt in gear and keeping her on track, keeping her eating (she wasn't for a long time).

I meant to update the group- sorry!  =)

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Glad to see that things are going relatively well. I hope the job helps and she keeps healing mentally and physically from everything

miller060905
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I must have missed a lot! What all happened.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM

She had a total lack of support in NY, where she was living and was raped, and my husband and I decided to bring her here to CA.  When things really started to hit, she requested in-patient care, which we couldn't get for her here.  Her friend in AZ had found a place that said they would take her, but when she arrived, she wasn't "acute enough" to be admitted, so she's been staying with her friend in AZ.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

oh goodness..i must have missed something. How did she end up in AZ. i was following her updates..but missed something somewhere. I hope and pray she is ok.

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 12:51 PM

She was raped on Easter weekend by two different men (separate incidents).  Long story short, she wasn't getting good support back home, and was being blamed by a lot of people for what happened (one of the guys she's known for a long time, and many people took his side).  She needed a safe place to deal with it, and we flew her here.  When things got really bad, emotionally, she requested in-patient care, and we had a hard time finding something for her here, because of insurance.  A friend of hers in AZ had found a place and flew her there, but when she arrived, they wouldn't admit her because she didn't meet the criteria.  She's staying with her friend while she gets on her feet and copes with everything that's happened.

Quoting miller060905:

I must have missed a lot! What all happened.

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN