Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All I want is sugar!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 24 Replies
I fell off the wagon when my aunt sent us a freaking rough tote of post holiday candy. Yesterday and today I'm back on the low carb train. I'm eating lots of veggies, a good amount of protein and moderate fat because I'm keeping my carbs below 50 grams a day. I hate this part!!! Once I get used to it it's easy and satisfying but right now all I want to do is claw through this huge bucket of candy and eat every scrap of it. When its gone I won't want it anymore buy its in the house calling to me! I have never been the " I'll just have one" person. I eat the stuff I shouldn't have until its gone.
Right now I want that candy, or to eat a whole box of crackers and go to bed bloated and uncomfortable but weirdly happy. :(. I have had plenty of calories today so it has nothing to do with that. Just carbs. I topped out at 29 grams of carbs today.
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnlsmommy
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Id be right there downing it with you, I'm no help :(
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM
My aunt means well but she sends us about 30 lbs of candy 2 or 3 times a year. The kids of course see it before we do or at the same time so they don't want us to get rid of it and so it is in the house all the time! I think I have binge eating problems with candy and crackers. Those are the only things I can seem to control. I just don't want it in the house at all.

I made a delicious dinner and was very satisfied with my meal, but now I want sugar. I think the cravings will be much better in a few days, I just have to hold out until then. A

Quoting cnlsmommy:

Id be right there downing it with you, I'm no help :(

MaiasMommy619
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I wish I could help you...I am the same way..Sugar always gets in the way of my weight loss success... It sucks!

lillybug222
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I have no self control either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM
It really sucks because I feel like a failure. I lost 19 lbs doing low carb and its not just a diet. I cut out grains and sugar and intend to keep it that way. I will add more carbs when I'm not in weight loss mode, but in the form of potatoes, sweet potatoes and squash. But as of now I am strictly low carb. It's rough a times but when I'm used to it it's easy. But now and then I have something sugary or carby and my body goes nuts. :(

Quoting lillybug222:

I have no self control either.

cnlsmommy
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Will the kiddos share it t school or in the neighborhood? They could be the cool kids rolling in the candy! Lol I get what you mean though, my grandma is the same way. When I do exhibit control and ask for a sliver of cake or sweets, I end up with a quarter of a cake! And then I feel bad wasting it :-/

Quoting norahsmommy:My aunt means well but she sends us about 30 lbs of candy 2 or 3 times a year. The kids of course see it before we do or at the same time so they don't want us to get rid of it and so it is in the house all the time! I think I have binge eating problems with candy and crackers. Those are the only things I can seem to control. I just don't want it in the house at all.

I made a delicious dinner and was very satisfied with my meal, but now I want sugar. I think the cravings will be much better in a few days, I just have to hold out until then. A

Quoting cnlsmommy:Id be right there downing it with you, I'm no help :(

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Wow!  THIRTY pounds?  Yikes!

I've been known to throw candy and other sweets in the trash.  If it's not good for me, it's not good for the kids, either, so there's no reason to keep it.

Hezzy1228
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:30 PM

girl.. I've been doing this calorie counter at myfitnesspal.com and ugh..I'M STARVING!!! and it doesnt' help I just started my period so all I want is food, especially chocolate and ice cream.  :(

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Ug, those first few days are so rough!  Hang in there!  Can you throw the rest away, or slowly throw it away?  I know when it's in the house, it's SO tempting for me, too.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM

If you're only eating the 1200 calories that MFP LOVES to set people at, you're probably not eating enough.  You don't have to starve!  If you'd like we can help you figure out how many calories you need.  We just need your height, weight, age, how much you exercise, and whether or not you're breastfeeding.

Quoting Hezzy1228:

girl.. I've been doing this calorie counter at myfitnesspal.com and ugh..I'M STARVING!!! and it doesnt' help I just started my period so all I want is food, especially chocolate and ice cream.  :(

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)