Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Compression Sock Love? (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

(Hope it's ok to post this here =) )
Hey girls! I have fallen in love with compression socks and was given an opportunity to review some ProCompression marathon socks and do a giveaway.  I haven't been on here in awhile and need to catch up but I wanted to let you all know.  It's over on my blog the and link to the blog is in my signature.  I am apparently not able to post in here but if you can't get to it through my sig just comment and I will message you the link!

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirls10181
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Awesome! I wore some when pregnant dr said i needed them to help reduce swelling an dit helped! Mine were knee high
cowgirls10181
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM
The link says its forbidden for me to access the link you posted via cafemom.
Channell07
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Oh no! I will message you the link!

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I so wish I could find compression sleeves- my calves are 18 inches in diameter.  I want to find cute fun ones, and all I can find are black.  Sigh.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Channell07
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I am not sure the diameter of the pro compression ones but they have pink and purple ones as well as black and white

Quoting musicpisces:

I so wish I could find compression sleeves- my calves are 18 inches in diameter.  I want to find cute fun ones, and all I can find are black.  Sigh.

Channell07
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just checked! THe L/XL calf sleeves from PC go up to 18'! And on my blog in the giveaway post there is a 40%off coupon code for them

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Nice!  Thanks!

Quoting Channell07:

I just checked! THe L/XL calf sleeves from PC go up to 18'! And on my blog in the giveaway post there is a 40%off coupon code for them

Suzanne

Channell07
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM

you're welcome!

Quoting musicpisces:

Nice!  Thanks!

Quoting Channell07:

annelauer
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM
What are the benefits of compression socks? I've never used them.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM

They're great for recovery, preventing varicose and spider veins, and for some kinds of injuries.  There are mixed reviews about them for shin splints.  The socks can be great if you're just on your feet a lot, or going to be flying somewhere.  The sleeves aren't ideal for those, and are more for runners or for active recovery periods.  They shouldn't be worn if you're going to be hanging out on the sofa (playing around on CafeMom!  LOL).  The socks are okay for that, though.  You have to be more careful with the sleeves, because fluid can build up in the foot and not have a way to get back to the heart if you're not being active.

Quoting annelauer:

What are the benefits of compression socks? I've never used them.

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN