Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Beginning, Middle, End...

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

What time of day do you like to work out?  Right now, for me in the middle of the day if I am using the Wii Fit and then an after-supper walk with DD and DS in the jogging stroller.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I usually work out at night.  I have to get up really early for work, and I'm not a morning person so getting up even earlier is not an option.  =)  Twice a week, I go to the rec center with my kids @ 6pm, and any other day I'll workout at home after they go to bed (about 8pm).  I usually get out for a run on Saturday or Sunday during the day, but that's the only time I can get out during the day =)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I usually do it between 4:30 and 6:30 (afternoon) - although on Wednesday I will do a zumba class in the morning then again that night when I can, and on Saturday- I go from 9:30 am to 11:45  (two classes with 15 min between)

If I work out at home- I usually do it late morning or early afternoon

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

In my dream world, I'd get up every morning, have a snack and sip on coffee while I play around on CM for an hour, then go for my run/swim/ride/whatever.  In reality, it's whenever I can squeeze it in.  I can't do evening workouts, though.  I doesn't work with my schedule, and I fall into bed exhausted each night.  I do sometimes walk on the treadmill in the evenings, particularly if I have reading to do for school.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 7, 2013 at 6:18 AM
I'd love to be able to workout at like 8 am every day, but in reality I get it in when I can. Its usually either after work around noon, or at 4:30ish in the afternoon. Weekends it's around 9 am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 7, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I'm a morning person, but a lot of days I have to workout in the early to mid afternoon.  We do what we can!

MomofHDFandNWF
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Right there with you on the dream world - except switch the coffee to green tea!  But, alas, I have child care kiddos show up at 6:20, so unless I were to get up at 4:30 AM that is not going to happen.  And there is no way I am getting up at 4:30 AM! 

Last night was great because DH had the day off, so we were sitting down for supper at 5:30 and done with clean-up and everything by 6:25 - allowing us about 45 minutes to go for a walk before starting bedtime activities.  In all reality, typically DH does not get home from work until almost 6:00 and it is usually 6:20-6:30 before we sit down for supper, therefore pusing everything back an hour.  It will be easier once school gets out and the kids don't have to be on sucka  stringent bedtime routine...

Quoting musicpisces:

In my dream world, I'd get up every morning, have a snack and sip on coffee while I play around on CM for an hour, then go for my run/swim/ride/whatever.  In reality, it's whenever I can squeeze it in.  I can't do evening workouts, though.  I doesn't work with my schedule, and I fall into bed exhausted each night.  I do sometimes walk on the treadmill in the evenings, particularly if I have reading to do for school.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I am not a morning person at all either.... as it is, I have child care kiddos arriving at 6:20.  So to truly get a good exercise session in, I would have to be out of my house walking/jogging by 5:30 to be back a little after 6:00 in order to ready for them - and that is if I skip a shower. 

I have found that if I can be organized enough to get the house clean before my child care kiddos leave for the day and have supper ready when hubby gets home a little before 6 pm I can get a walk (if DD wants to come) or jog (if I can get out by myself) in before I have to be back to start bedtime routines.  

What I need to do is get back on my Wii Fit on a more regular basis... because that is something I can do during the day (AKA: naptime).  But, I have double the kids this time of year (including 2 under the age of 1) than I had last year and adding more every week.  So, nap time isn't always "free time" like it was when all my kiddos napped at the same time.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I usually work out at night.  I have to get up really early for work, and I'm not a morning person so getting up even earlier is not an option.  =)  Twice a week, I go to the rec center with my kids @ 6pm, and any other day I'll workout at home after they go to bed (about 8pm).  I usually get out for a run on Saturday or Sunday during the day, but that's the only time I can get out during the day =)

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Morning. I try my best to get to the gym early and with the summer heat coming it will be cooler in the morning for running outside. All though sometimes I do a DVD at night but it's not often.
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 7, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Morning...hands down. Typically, I get up, eat and have breakfast, take the monsters to school and then hit the gym or go run. During the summer, I will be at my mom's in FL for several weeks, so I'll get up and go for a run and then eat and have coffee. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

itsm3
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM

i workout every morning at 5am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)