Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do you tape?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so running has been kinda painful for me even in the past. Last year I had X-rays and all that jazz and its runners knee. I have seen the kinesio tex tape and have wondered if it helped. I can't stand my knee brace so I figured the tape would be better and I could keep it on and not feel all bulky. Do any of you do it or know someone that does?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Sorry.. I don't use tape. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I love the stuff, but ideally, you'll have a physical therapist show you how to use it properly.  Maybe do a Google search for proper techniques for what you're doing and how you're injured.  I use it for my wrists, because I have carpal tunnel, and it makes a big difference.  It is NOT meant to add stability, but rather to increase lymphatic drainage to keep the pressure on nerves down and give you more flexibility.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Sorry, don't use it and no experience with it.
deputygirls28
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Yea I had some pretty good fluid build up about a year and a half ago but it wasn't as bad as it could've been so they didn't drain it. The doc said "when it gets so swollen you can't bend it then come see me. And yes I said when, not if" so I want to prevent that. I think I'm just gonna get some and go from there.

Quoting musicpisces:

I love the stuff, but ideally, you'll have a physical therapist show you how to use it properly.  Maybe do a Google search for proper techniques for what you're doing and how you're injured.  I use it for my wrists, because I have carpal tunnel, and it makes a big difference.  It is NOT meant to add stability, but rather to increase lymphatic drainage to keep the pressure on nerves down and give you more flexibility.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Yeah, it might be helpful!  Yay for the "when"- NOT.  LOL  I can relate, though.  It sucks.

Google and YouTube can be great for that.  I learned some ways to tape my knees (I have arthritis, and of course I'm a distance runner!).

Quoting deputygirls28:

Yea I had some pretty good fluid build up about a year and a half ago but it wasn't as bad as it could've been so they didn't drain it. The doc said "when it gets so swollen you can't bend it then come see me. And yes I said when, not if" so I want to prevent that. I think I'm just gonna get some and go from there.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Also, I'm trying it out on my ITBS (outer part of my knee).  What kind of pain do you have?

Check out YouTube or kttape.com/instructions.  From what I've been reading in reviews, Rock Tape adheres better, but it's more expensive.  I've been looking at it tonight, because my hubby is going to start carrying it, which means wholesale pricing for me!  Woo hoo!  LOL  I have some old Kinesio Tape from my PT for the carpa tunnel, and I'm trying it on my knee for the ITBS tonight.  I hope it helps, because it's a common issue for me as I increase my mileage, which I'm doing right now.

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)