Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

measurements

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

Am I the only one who has problems with measurements?

seriously, it has been 2 months since I measured and according to what I got this morning, most went up a little and the rest stayed the same- I think I only lost in one spot.

Seriously frustrating.  and since I lost the vacation weight (shich I am SUPER grateful for) the scale isn't moving either!  Odd...

anyhow...carry on right?

Do you guys have problem with taking measurements?  Is it just me? hmmm...

********EDIT*******

This is mostly about how do you go about measuring in the same spot?  I try to take a couple of them and just go with the biggest-but somehow it never seems to work out well!

by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Sometimes taking measurements really helps show me how well things are going, sometimes I want to take a pair of scissors and cut the stupid measuring tape up because there's no progress.  I have months where I barely lose pounds and lose a lot of inches, and months where I lose quite a bit of weight, but no inches.  I just try to take it all in stride... as long as I'm not headed the opposite direction, I'm doing well. =)

SMLemos
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Are you feeling your clothes fit different? Or do they feel the same?  I have some issues with measurements, like how high on my thigh or waist I took the measurements the first time where on my hips did I measure, but I usually always see some difference.  What kind of workout are you doing?

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Quoting SMLemos:

Are you feeling your clothes fit different? Or do they feel the same?  I have some issues with measurements, like how high on my thigh or waist I took the measurements the first time where on my hips did I measure, but I usually always see some difference.  What kind of workout are you doing?

Not much change in clothing feeling the last couple months- about the same

as for work outs- I zumba 5-6 days a week (1-2 hours)  and do pilates and piyo one day a week each and most weeks I do one day of weights and whatnot at home as well

it's jsut frustratng when I was getting smaller- I thought FINALLY, I will start to see changes with the measuring tape a bit more...guess not : /

Sweet_Punk
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

How long have you been doing this current routine you discribed? It sounds to me like you've hit a plateau which can happen when you have a lot of cardio and little weight training. 

Two things to consider are cutting back on the cardio and replace it with more weight training and also making sure you're taking in enough calories. Are you tracking those? 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting SMLemos:

as for work outs- I zumba 5-6 days a week (1-2 hours)  and do pilates and piyo one day a week each and most weeks I do one day of weights and whatnot at home as well

it's jsut frustratng when I was getting smaller- I thought FINALLY, I will start to see changes with the measuring tape a bit more...guess not : /

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I try to keep track of my measurements... they aren't doing a whole lot, I need to kcik it into a higher gear

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

How long have you been doing this current routine you discribed? It sounds to me like you've hit a plateau which can happen when you have a lot of cardio and little weight training. 

Two things to consider are cutting back on the cardio and replace it with more weight training and also making sure you're taking in enough calories. Are you tracking those? 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting SMLemos:

Yes- counting calories.   My understanding was that pilates and piyo would be fine for the strength part -and like I said I do one day at home too- so 3 days a week usually

I jsut got a new belly dance DVD...gonna see about adding that - and working on isolations and whatnot more. I have been slacking on that lately -seems I go through phases with the DVDs

Sweet_Punk
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM

How many calories are you eating? 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting SMLemos:

Yes- counting calories.   My understanding was that pilates and piyo would be fine for the strength part -and like I said I do one day at home too- so 3 days a week usually

I jsut got a new belly dance DVD...gonna see about adding that - and working on isolations and whatnot more. I have been slacking on that lately -seems I go through phases with the DVDs

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

between about 1600 and 1800 a day- usually17-1750.   I'm 5 ft 7 and 184lbs now and jsut had my BMR re-done

Sweet_Punk
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Hmm... well there goes that theory lol.  maybe you just need to change up the exercise routine a bit. Our bodies get used to doing the same things over and over and stop progressing. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get it figured out. 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

between about 1600 and 1800 a day- usually17-1750.   I'm 5 ft 7 and 184lbs now and jsut had my BMR re-done

SMLemos
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

In regards to trying to remember to measure in the same spot.  I just find the thickest part of the thigh or arm.  The narrowest part of the waste and widest part of the hips. lol.  That way no matter how much you loose the biggest will always be the biggest part. If that makes sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)