Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

burpees

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

any success stories? Anyone see results on burpees alone? How long did it take to see results? I'm trying to tone up my belly a little in 7 days.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Burpees are awesome because they work every part of your body. It's tough to see big results doing just burpees though because ideally you want a workout to last at least 20 minutes and its HARD to do burpees for 20 minutes straight. Try mixing it up and doing squats, sit ups, push ups, lunges, burpees..all in rounds so that you can go longer. We do burpees a lot at crossfit though. In fact tonight our post workout was called "burpee Roxanne" and they played the song Roxanne and we had to do a burpee every time the song said Roxanne. That was tough! Lol
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM
It took me from April to Oct last year to go from lowering myself through every part of a burpee and no jump to 100 burpees with the jump in under 13min. I was incorperating them in almost every workout along with squats. I could feel my core getting tighter.

I'll definitely return to burpees around 12 weeks postpartum. It's a love-hate relationship but they're an awesome workout!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandaboo99
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Standing ab exercises will work well :)

just.jessie
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM

that is one excersise I know I am going to hate. But its something I would like to be able to do

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 8, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I was realizing today that I need to do more Burpees (and mountain climbers).  I hate them both with a passion because they're tough!  The best thing you can do is eat as clean as possible in the next 7 days, but Burpees in addition to some other intense cardio/HIIT can help, too!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Owl_Feather
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM
What's HIIT?

Quoting musicpisces:

I was realizing today that I need to do more Burpees (and mountain climbers).  I hate them both with a passion because they're tough!  The best thing you can do is eat as clean as possible in the next 7 days, but Burpees in addition to some other intense cardio/HIIT can help, too!

Owl_Feather
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Can you suggest some? :)

Quoting mandaboo99:

Standing ab exercises will work well :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM

High intensity interval training.  Keeping your heart rate way up in short spurts.  Things like jumping squats, burpees, mountain climbers, sprints, etc.  I do a lot of this when I have a short amount of time to squeeze in a workout, and it just TORCHES calories.  You can Google HIIT or high intensity interval training for ideas for workouts.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

What's HIIT?

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 8, 2013 at 6:15 AM
I avoid burpees at all costs!!! I hate them sooo much lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 8, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Ahhh...burpees.... the exercise that is "of the devil" as I like to say... LOL 

I do them a lot. If I'm running on the treadmill here at home, I will run a mile or 2, jump off do burpees for 1-2 minutes, run again, burpees again, etc... I started the 100 burpee challenge, but had to stop due to kid issues.. I plan on starting it back up asap though.. 

Trainers love burpees as they are a wonderful core workout. I can't wait to torture my clientele with them. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN