Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 8 : Stay Hydrated

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 144 Replies

Welcome to day 8 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

It is crucial to stay hydrated during your weight loss/fitness journey.
Water is a nutrient essential for life. Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated and healthy. The more active you are, the more water you should be drinking.

Water is an important factor in weight loss and overall good health:

• Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
  • Drinking at least 16 oz of chilled water first thing in the morning can boost your metabolism by 24%
  • Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
  • Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
  • Energizes your muscles
  • Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
  • Maintains healthy bowel function
  • Replaces fluids lost during workouts
  • Helps to flush lactic acid after a workout

Water also replaces 'danger' drinks that hinder the weight loss process.
Try to avoid or cut back on these beverages:

• Soda
  • Fancy coffees
  • Milkshakes
  • Fruit drinks
  • Alcohol
  • Whole Milk
  • Pre-sweetened Teas

Instead try infusing your water with healthy flavor!

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herbs such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

**Strawberries and Mint**
Add a 1/2 cup of fresh sliced strawberries and several sprigs of mint to a 1-2 quart pitcher of fresh cold water. Refrigerate for several hours to let the flavors combine.

**Lemon and Basil**
Add 1 large sliced lemon and 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves to a 1-2 quart pitcher of fresh cold water and refrigerate.

How often do you drink 'danger' drinks?

How much water do you drink a day?

If you don't do this already, I challenge you to cut back on danger drinks by 75% and replace with water.

If you have already eliminated 'danger' drinks, I challenge you to up your water intake.

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 8 Cardio log.

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vamp
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM

How often do you drink 'danger' drinks? during dinner

How much water do you drink a day? like 2 liters

If you don't do this already, I challenge you to cut back on danger drinks by 75% and replace with water. challenge accepted!!

If you have already eliminated 'danger' drinks, I challenge you to up your water intake. I dont think you should drink much more than 2 liters a day

3JsMom611
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I've eliminated sodas, fruit drinks, fancy coffees, and sweet tea.  I drink roughly 64oz of water throughout the day but am trying to increase that.  I cannot stand plain water so I always add lemons and a little bit of Crystal Light.  I love the above recipes and will be trying them this week :)

Nay1983
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

How often do you drink 'danger' drinks? I limit myself to 1 soda a month

How much water do you drink a day? My goal is 1/2-1gallon but I rarely reach that--DH and I were just discussing tonight that we both need to drink more water.

If you have already eliminated 'danger' drinks, I challenge you to up your water intake. I will take your challenge :)

tabby1979
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM

How often do you drink 'danger' drinks? rarely

How much water do you drink a day? not nearly enough

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I drink a lot of water through out the day. If I'm not drinking water it's usually brewed tea.
Love this time of year when I can make sun tea.
I do commit to drinking more water because I know that benefits.
Mdmooch
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I only drink water and almond milk at home.  Very rarely when I am out I will have a glass of lemonade.  I am breastfeeding so I am very careful with what I drink.  I do occassionally have a glass of wine.  So I rarely drink 'danger' drinks.  I drink water all day long to keep up my milk supply for my little guy, but I will up my intake and accept the challenge!

DazeDelights
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Every day I drink soda and green tea. I've been trying to replace the soda with the tea and cranberry juice. So hard lol
pinkcsmtlgy
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I am trying to cut down on soda and I love to drink lemon water.

endurablemist
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I try to limit diet Pepsi to one can a day, 2 cups regular coffee in the morning, and maybe some hot tea in the evening. The rest is water, I like putting lemon, cucumber, and mint in my water.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I only have "danger drinks" occasionally at parties. And then I limit my self to one pop. I try to drink half my weight in ounces a day of water.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN