Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 8 : Stay Hydrated
Welcome to day 8 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!
It is crucial to stay hydrated during your weight loss/fitness journey.
Water is a nutrient essential for life. Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated and healthy. The more active you are, the more water you should be drinking.
Water is an important factor in weight loss and overall good health:
- Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
- Drinking at least 16 oz of chilled water first thing in the morning can boost your metabolism by 24%
- Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
- Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
- Energizes your muscles
- Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
- Maintains healthy bowel function
- Replaces fluids lost during workouts
- Helps to flush lactic acid after a workout
Water also replaces 'danger' drinks that hinder the weight loss process.
Try to avoid or cut back on these beverages:
- Fancy coffees
- Fruit drinks
- Whole Milk
- Pre-sweetened Teas
Instead try infusing your water with healthy flavor!
Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herbs such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!
**Strawberries and Mint**
Add a 1/2 cup of fresh sliced strawberries and several sprigs of mint to a 1-2 quart pitcher of fresh cold water. Refrigerate for several hours to let the flavors combine.
**Lemon and Basil**
Add 1 large sliced lemon and 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves to a 1-2 quart pitcher of fresh cold water and refrigerate.
How often do you drink 'danger' drinks?
How much water do you drink a day?
If you don't do this already, I challenge you to cut back on danger drinks by 75% and replace with water.
If you have already eliminated 'danger' drinks, I challenge you to up your water intake.