Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Breaking the scale habit!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 28 Replies
I have decided to stop getting on the scale everyday. I know that weighing daily is not accurate..i think i do it more out of habit.
but alas..it is time to break the habit. i am cutting back to once a week.
my last weigh in was Monday. i have had to force myself not to get on it in the am. finally had to pick it up and put it away.
I am annoyed with how curious I am about my daily weight, even though i know it isn't accurate. lol
go figure!
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

yeah- I never weighed every day- but a few times a week and had to stop.  Now I *try to go a week at a time

I wanted to get on it this morning (I weighed Sunday morning)  and had to tell myself it was a bad idea- so I ended up not doing it ;)

mandaboo99
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Measurements and before and after pictures are more accurate than a scale, a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat :) so even if you dont see a change in the scale you are still getting smaller :)

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on May. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
yep. :) i took my measurements and pics today. started p90x 2 days ago.

Quoting mandaboo99:

Measurements and before and after pictures are more accurate than a scale, a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat :) so even if you dont see a change in the scale you are still getting smaller :)

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I weigh every day. I don't let the fluctuation bother me though. I just like to see how much my weight fluctuates from day to day, especially depending on how I eat. Weighing every day isn't for everyone but if you can use it as a learning tool and understand your fluctuations then it can be helpful.
mandaboo99
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Good for you!!!! Stick to your schedule and you will do great!! Did you get a coach with your program??

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Quoting mandaboo99:

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on May. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM
They said I could, but I haven't yet.

Quoting mandaboo99:

Good for you!!!! Stick to your schedule and you will do great!! Did you get a coach with your program??

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Quoting mandaboo99:

mandaboo99
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yup, you can, and they are a great help to stay accountable to your program :) Contact me If you need/want any info :)

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I have decided to stop getting on the scale everyday. I know that weighing daily is not accurate..i think i do it more out of habit.
but alas..it is time to break the habit. i am cutting back to once a week.
my last weigh in was Monday. i have had to force myself not to get on it in the am. finally had to pick it up and put it away.
I am annoyed with how curious I am about my daily weight, even though i know it isn't accurate. lol
go figure!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I am trying to weigh once a week as well. Trying to pick a good day. Maybe Fridays?

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Is it hard? I have a friend at work (male) and he said it left him so sore he couldn't move the 1st day lol I am using my son's Xbox dancing game to get my exercise in. How do you take measurements? I want to take them but don't know where to start or exactly how to do it?

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Quoting mandaboo99:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

This.  I weight in most days just to make sure I'm staying on track, and I don't let a high number ruin my day, as long as it's an outlier from the trend.  I'm cool with normal fluctuations, so weighing in every day doesn't bother me, but I know it's hard for a lot of people not to obsess over ther numbers.  Don't forget that there are other tools for measuring your success!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I weigh every day. I don't let the fluctuation bother me though. I just like to see how much my weight fluctuates from day to day, especially depending on how I eat. Weighing every day isn't for everyone but if you can use it as a learning tool and understand your fluctuations then it can be helpful.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN