Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 13: Use Your Body Weight
Welcome to day 13 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!
Use your own body weight to achieve your fat burning goals.
Not everyone has access to or wants to go to a gym.
I have gathered 5 great exercises that you can do at home, using your own body weight to burn fat and deliver results. The exercises below, done in order will provide an excellent circuit workout.
Make sure you stretch or warm up before beginning.
1. Skipping rope - make sure the rope is suitable for your height. Keep your elbows close to your body and your feet close together. Begin with 3 minutes and slowly work up to 5 minutes as you progress.
2. Push Ups - Modified with your knees on the floor for beginners, fully extended for intermediates and triangle for an advanced workout. Start out with 5 and increase amount with ability.
3. Planks - make sure your form is correct and abs and buttocks are contracted. Hold for 30 seconds and increase as you progress.
4. Rear leg raises - begin with 5 with each leg
5. Stick ups - Make sure your bottom, shoulders and elbows stay against the wall. Begin with 8 and slowly increase as able.
To achieve maximum fat burn, move quickly from one exercise to the next with minimal time ( 10 -15 seconds) between exercises. Once you have completed the circuit (all 5 exercises), rest for 1.5 - 2 minutes before beginning the second circuit. Once the second is complete, rest for 1.5 - 2 minutes and do a third circuit. After finishing your 3rd circuit, take time to properly cool down. A ten minute cool down should allow your heart rate to return to normal.
Do you do body weight exercises?
If so, which ones?
How often do you circuit train?
Your challenge is to complete at least one full circuit, but push yourself to do more if you can. Memorial Day and the onset of summer is just around the corner!! Let's be ready.