Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 13: Use Your Body Weight

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 103 Replies

Welcome to day 13 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Use your own body weight to achieve your fat burning goals.

Not everyone has access to or wants to go to a gym.
I have gathered 5 great exercises that you can do at home, using your own body weight to burn fat and deliver results. The exercises below, done in order will provide an excellent circuit workout.

Make sure you stretch or warm up before beginning.

1. Skipping rope - make sure the rope is suitable for your height. Keep your elbows close to your body and your feet close together.  Begin with 3 minutes and slowly work up to 5 minutes as you progress.

2. Push Ups - Modified with your knees on the floor for beginners, fully extended for intermediates and triangle for an advanced workout. Start out with 5 and increase amount with ability.

3. Planks - make sure your form is correct and abs and buttocks are contracted. Hold for 30 seconds and increase as you progress.

4. Rear leg raises -  begin with 5 with each leg

5. Stick ups -  Make sure your bottom, shoulders and elbows stay against the wall. Begin with 8 and slowly increase as able.

To achieve maximum fat burn, move quickly from one exercise to the next with minimal time ( 10 -15 seconds) between exercises. Once you have completed the circuit (all 5 exercises), rest for 1.5 - 2 minutes before beginning the second circuit. Once the second is complete, rest  for 1.5 - 2 minutes and do a third circuit. After finishing your 3rd circuit, take time to properly cool down. A ten minute cool down should allow your heart rate to return to normal.

Do you do body weight exercises?
If so, which ones?

How often do you circuit train?

Your challenge is to complete at least one full circuit, but push yourself to do more if you can. Memorial Day and the onset of summer is just around the corner!! Let's be ready.

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 13 Cardio Log, Reminders & Motivation

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I do push ups, squats and sit ups 5 times a week.
Mdmooch
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I have never done circuit training, but I sometimes do push ups.  I do sit ups and planks quite a lot.  I also started doing squats recently.

eirejade
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Do you do body weight exercises? Right now no...too busy and too much drama to do anything other than run around after the kids.

If so, which ones? I used to do yoga and pilates so whatever I was told.

How often do you circuit train? I don't...doesn't work for me...ny body adjusts too quickly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueeyedpixie
by Sarah on May. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I I don't do any right now but I want to start.
childofgod04
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I do circuit training almost everyday. It consists of jump ropes (the body ones not with an actual rope), sit ups, push ups, squats, standing leg raises.. and some other ones.
kris0921
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I try to do squats and sit ups at least 3 times a week.
NWP
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I'm going to boot camp right now

Starshine-bela
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I hate push ups with a passion! my arms and shoulders are do weak, definitely something I need to work on
Paigesmommy78
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I don't really do any kinda of training I do few little exercises throw out the day can never get that planking right the others I do different exercise everyday and I do it all day throw out the day
earthangel1967
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I do a variety of weight bearing or weight resistance exercises every day. I alternate lower body and upperbody ones along with weights exercises for that section of my body daily.

One of them that I do EVERY day is the Plank. I hold it for 60 seconds.

I ALWAYS move steadily and quickly from one exercise to the next in order to also raise my heartrate and keep it up so it's like a cardio as well.

I even use my fingers as weight resistance on certain points on my face for resistance in doing facial exercises and I do those every single day too. (chin and neck area too)

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)