Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bikini Bootcamp Challenge Day 9:The Most Important Meal of the Day

Welcome to day 9 of the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
A healthy breakfast is the fuel you need to start your day.
After sleeping all night and going without food, your energy reserves are low and need to be replenished.

By eating breakfast, your blood sugar rises and your metabolism is recharged. Do not fall into the trap of saving calories by skipping breakfast.

Eating a healthy breakfast daily provides:

• Provides necessary nutrients to kick start the day

• Regular breakfast promotes healthier body weight.

• Daily breakfast regulates appetite, reduces snack cravings

• Reduces chances of overeating during the day

• Helps stabilize hormones and blood sugar levels

• Reduces fatigue and sleepy feeling mid-morning

• Spurt in energy levels, positive attitude.

• Improves concentration, boosts brain power

• Helps in weight maintenance efforts

• Increases alertness

• Improves overall health and well-being

The three most important things to think about when planning a healthy breakfast are:

• Whole grains: They give you more vitamens, minerals, fiber and antioxidents. Fiber helps you to stay full throughout the morning
  • Lean protein: Engergizes and fuels your body. The best way to get lean protein is from eggs and nut butters.
  • Fruit: Eat fruit in place of drinking fruit juice. You will be getting fiber and nutrients.

Do you eat breakfast daily?

What does your daily breakfast consist of?

Commit to eating breakfast everyday!

Do you have any healthy breakfast options to share?

**Once you have completed your cardio for the day, click here for the Day 9 Cardio log.

** Don't forget to update your food journal.

** Remember to fit in an extra 10 - 30 minutes of walking in addition to your daily cardio/workout.

** Drink at least 64 oz of water today!

at the beach One member who signs up for our Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and replies to 25 of the 30  daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $50 gift card!

Click here to sign up:

Join Me for the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge!! Win a $50 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jenn8604
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I don't do breakfast. It makes me starve and pig out all day long. i eat over 2,000 calories a day when I eat breakfast (a bowl of cereal like Life, cherios, kix, eggs, pancakes or whatever basic breakfast foods) just to feel full that day. If I skip breakfast I'm right around 1,200 calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5forjulie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM

yes I remember to have breakfast and its usually cereal or milk 

junebutterfly
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I don't always eat it.
But when I do its oatmeal, rice with butter and sugar, cereal (cornflakes), toast and peanutbutter.
Babybear89
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I try to eat it everyday
MeridaMomma4
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Mon - Fri is too busy so after my workout I have coffee and bread but weekends I have time to eat with my loves so its every type of breakfast from eggs to french toast, whatever they want mommy to make them :)
sarah824
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I rarely eat breakfast. I am usually too focused on getting the kids up and out the door so I don't take time to eat. I hope to change this once school is out and our schedule changes.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on May. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I've never been a breakfast person before, but I've definitely been doing way better now. And have been for awhile. Sometimes I forget just because I get so busy in the mornings.

marisab
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
i try to eat some breakfast every morning ,,, i orefer eggs and stuff to cereali hate soggyness lolStarting tomorrow i well eat breakfast every morning!! bagel and cream cheese is one of my fast alternatives
olliesmommy2
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I eat most mornings after i have been up for a while. I usually do oatmeal or toast. Lately ive been having a boiled egg with greek yogurt and pepper. Im guilty of pancakes too!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I like yogurt in the morning. My doctor says something high in protein and skip the OJ eat the orange instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN