Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Has anyone lost weight this way?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 31 Replies
By just portion controlling what you eat?
Like let's say I want to eat some delicious chicken wings. But I only eat like 4 instea of a lot more. Lol.
Anyone? Haha
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
big_red05
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM
You could lose weight that way.. The problem is you need quality over quantity (good quality food over limiting the quantity of unhealthy food
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Weight loss formula works out to be somewhere around 70% food intake and 30% Exercise, so, in theory yes portion control works. but you NEED healthy portions. It doesnt mean eat 1400 calories of chicken wings a day because that might be your calorie allotment, it means try to eat 5 times a day healthily and TREAT yourself from time to time. if you want to pm me you can :)

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Like let's say I want to eat some delicious chicken wings. But I only eat like 4 instea of a lot more. Lol.
Anyone? Haha

hotmama83227
by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

for sure! (i'm new btw, idk if i have to post in a special forum for that or what lol) portion control is the first thing i ever did to lose weight!

choco_mom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
yes, that is the best way to do it. That is what I do to maintain my 60lb weight loss. 6 small meals lots of water, fruits, veggies, exercise. A lot of common sense really.
itsm3
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM

2 people at work have lost a lot of weight simply by adjusting their diet and reducing their portions.  they are half their weight when they started! 

Silvertears1275
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Portion control is great, and vital when it comes to less healthy foods.  There's no reason you can't enjoy eating... if I want pizza, I'll eat pizza.  Just not all the pizza and not all the time.  But foods that you can't control yourself around.... those are best to avoid.

SaraNicole1019
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Thank you! Do you use a calorie counter? There's this Omron pedometer, it's only like 13$ and I really want a workout pedometer to track how many calories I burn but I don't want to spend a ton of money. Any ideas?

Quoting mandaboo99:

Weight loss formula works out to be somewhere around 70% food intake and 30% Exercise, so, in theory yes portion control works. but you NEED healthy portions. It doesnt mean eat 1400 calories of chicken wings a day because that might be your calorie allotment, it means try to eat 5 times a day healthily and TREAT yourself from time to time. if you want to pm me you can :)

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Anyone? Haha

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I use MyFitnessPal its an app on your phone. I loooooove it!!

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Thank you! Do you use a calorie counter? There's this Omron pedometer, it's only like 13$ and I really want a workout pedometer to track how many calories I burn but I don't want to spend a ton of money. Any ideas?

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Anyone? Haha

MomofHDFandNWF
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too!

Quoting mandaboo99:

I use MyFitnessPal its an app on your phone. I loooooove it!!

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Anyone? Haha

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I read an article a while back about a guy that was out to test how a person needs to eat in order to lose weight.  He ate all junk food--literally only hostess cupcakes, dingdongs, etc.  He counted calories the entire time.

He lost weight while doing it.

The results from his study were that you really could eat whatever you wanted and still lose weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)