Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
By just portion controlling what you eat?
Like let's say I want to eat some delicious chicken wings. But I only eat like 4 instea of a lot more. Lol.
Anyone? Haha
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM

If you want to possibly become diabetic... That is unbelievably unhealthy, Its not about being "skinny" its about being healthy. :)

Quoting CLEKate:

I read an article a while back about a guy that was out to test how a person needs to eat in order to lose weight.  He ate all junk food--literally only hostess cupcakes, dingdongs, etc.  He counted calories the entire time.

He lost weight while doing it.

The results from his study were that you really could eat whatever you wanted and still lose weight.

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The whole point is that it "proved" that it's all about calories in verus calories out.  He ate all junk food and lost weight.

The take away is that you can eat what you want and lose weight so long as you burn more calories than you eat. 

Which means that the original poster can have her wings...

Quoting mandaboo99:

If you want to possibly become diabetic... That is unbelievably unhealthy, Its not about being "skinny" its about being healthy. :)

Quoting CLEKate:

I read an article a while back about a guy that was out to test how a person needs to eat in order to lose weight.  He ate all junk food--literally only hostess cupcakes, dingdongs, etc.  He counted calories the entire time.

He lost weight while doing it.

The results from his study were that you really could eat whatever you wanted and still lose weight.

mashton2612
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I mean I do this but I also take natural supplements that control my appetite and kick start my metabolism. They are ammazing :-)
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I eat what I want as long as it fits in my calories for the day- and I don't eat all junk ;)

I have lost 55 lbs so far...

SaraNicole1019
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
What natural sip limners do you take?

Quoting mashton2612:

I mean I do this but I also take natural supplements that control my appetite and kick start my metabolism. They are ammazing :-)

SaraNicole1019
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I use myfitnesspal too! Add me. Saranicole1019

But I'm talking about a pedometer that tracks how many calories I've burned during my workout...

Quoting mandaboo99:

I use MyFitnessPal its an app on your phone. I loooooove it!!

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Thank you! Do you use a calorie counter? There's this Omron pedometer, it's only like 13$ and I really want a workout pedometer to track how many calories I burn but I don't want to spend a ton of money. Any ideas?

Quoting mandaboo99:

Weight loss formula works out to be somewhere around 70% food intake and 30% Exercise, so, in theory yes portion control works. but you NEED healthy portions. It doesnt mean eat 1400 calories of chicken wings a day because that might be your calorie allotment, it means try to eat 5 times a day healthily and TREAT yourself from time to time. if you want to pm me you can :)

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

By just portion controlling what you eat?

Like let's say I want to eat some delicious chicken wings. But I only eat like 4 instea of a lot more. Lol.

Anyone? Haha

mashton2612
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
It's from Advocare. It's called max Mns c.

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Quoting mashton2612:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Portion control was a big part of what I needed to work on, but 1400 calories of crap versus 1400 calories of quality food will affect the body very differently. It's not as simple as calories in vs. calories out. Yes, you will likely lose weight, but you won't improve your health much, or have energy.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
What is your plan after you reach your goal? I assume you don't plan to take those forever.

Quoting mashton2612:

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Quoting mashton2612:

mashton2612
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I don't need to take them everyday I use them for a month or two then break then use them again

Quoting musicpisces:

What is your plan after you reach your goal? I assume you don't plan to take those forever.

Quoting mashton2612:

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Quoting mashton2612:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)