Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
By just portion controlling what you eat?
Like let's say I want to eat some delicious chicken wings. But I only eat like 4 instea of a lot more. Lol.
Anyone? Haha
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
jlinville30
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Shop around and also check eBay and do a price comparison that was what I did when I bought a cheap one for the moment because of being strapped for cash :-)

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

I use myfitnesspal too! Add me. Saranicole1019

But I'm talking about a pedometer that tracks how many calories I've burned during my workout...

Quoting mandaboo99:

I use MyFitnessPal its an app on your phone. I loooooove it!!

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Thank you! Do you use a calorie counter? There's this Omron pedometer, it's only like 13$ and I really want a workout pedometer to track how many calories I burn but I don't want to spend a ton of money. Any ideas?

Quoting mandaboo99:

Weight loss formula works out to be somewhere around 70% food intake and 30% Exercise, so, in theory yes portion control works. but you NEED healthy portions. It doesnt mean eat 1400 calories of chicken wings a day because that might be your calorie allotment, it means try to eat 5 times a day healthily and TREAT yourself from time to time. if you want to pm me you can :)

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Like let's say I want to eat some delicious chicken wings. But I only eat like 4 instea of a lot more. Lol.

Anyone? Haha

MrsSamMerlotte
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM
It could work, but I have trouble feeling satisfied with 1200-1400 calories of healthy food. I can only imagine how easy it would be to waste half on chicken wings lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmotherof6
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM

no, but I not sticking with my diet either, I have not worked out none this week, but i am getting back to it today

mandaboo99
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

of course she can have her wings :) I was just pointing out that a diet that consists entirely of junk food will lead to very unhealthy things

Quoting CLEKate:

The whole point is that it "proved" that it's all about calories in verus calories out.  He ate all junk food and lost weight.

The take away is that you can eat what you want and lose weight so long as you burn more calories than you eat. 

Which means that the original poster can have her wings...

Quoting mandaboo99:

If you want to possibly become diabetic... That is unbelievably unhealthy, Its not about being "skinny" its about being healthy. :)

Quoting CLEKate:

I read an article a while back about a guy that was out to test how a person needs to eat in order to lose weight.  He ate all junk food--literally only hostess cupcakes, dingdongs, etc.  He counted calories the entire time.

He lost weight while doing it.

The results from his study were that you really could eat whatever you wanted and still lose weight.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

But again, what do you plan to do once you hit your goal?  Do you expect that you'll take these forever?  I'd highly encourage anyone to try to do this without supplements.  In order to KEEP the weight off, you have to learn habits tht will serve you well for the rest of your life.  I'm not trying to judge, but if you look at the statistics, the long term success rates are better in people that make permanent changes, rather than use expensive supplements that promise to be healthy.  Many of them also turn out to NOT be so safe in the end.  Just be careful, mama!  =)

Quoting mashton2612:

I don't need to take them everyday I use them for a month or two then break then use them again

Quoting musicpisces:

What is your plan after you reach your goal? I assume you don't plan to take those forever.

Quoting mashton2612:

It's from Advocare. It's called max Mns c.

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

What natural sip limners do you take?

Quoting mashton2612:

I mean I do this but I also take natural supplements that control my appetite and kick start my metabolism. They are ammazing :-)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

A pedometer won't help you figure out how many calories you burn during a workout.  You'd be better off with a heart rate monitor.  Make sure it's one with a chest strap.  You might be able to find a second-hand one on Craigslist or eBay.  Polar FT series is good, Garmin makes good ones...  Take a look on Amazon, too.

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

But I'm talking about a pedometer that tracks how many calories I've burned during my workout...

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Thank you! Do you use a calorie counter? There's this Omron pedometer, it's only like 13$ and I really want a workout pedometer to track how many calories I burn but I don't want to spend a ton of money. Any ideas?

Quoting mandaboo99:

Weight loss formula works out to be somewhere around 70% food intake and 30% Exercise, so, in theory yes portion control works. but you NEED healthy portions. It doesnt mean eat 1400 calories of chicken wings a day because that might be your calorie allotment, it means try to eat 5 times a day healthily and TREAT yourself from time to time. if you want to pm me you can :)

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Anyone? Haha

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

SaraNicole1019
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I wish I could afford those ones! I was thinking of spending like $50 not hundreds. Lol.

Quoting musicpisces:

A pedometer won't help you figure out how many calories you burn during a workout.  You'd be better off with a heart rate monitor.  Make sure it's one with a chest strap.  You might be able to find a second-hand one on Craigslist or eBay.  Polar FT series is good, Garmin makes good ones...  Take a look on Amazon, too.

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Anyone? Haha

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM
There are several on Amazon that are closer to $50. I believe Polar has one that's about that. And again, take a look at Craigslist and eBay. You can get a great deal there.

Quoting SaraNicole1019:I wish I could afford those ones! I was thinking of spending like $50 not hundreds. Lol.

Quoting musicpisces:A pedometer won't help you figure out how many calories you burn during a workout.  You'd be better off with a heart rate monitor.  Make sure it's one with a chest strap.  You might be able to find a second-hand one on Craigslist or eBay.  Polar FT series is good, Garmin makes good ones...  Take a look on Amazon, too.Quoting SaraNicole1019:I use myfitnesspal too! Add me. Saranicole1019

Quoting mandaboo99:I use MyFitnessPal its an app on your phone. I loooooove it!!
Quoting SaraNicole1019:Thank you! Do you use a calorie counter? There's this Omron pedometer, it's only like 13$ and I really want a workout pedometer to track how many calories I burn but I don't want to spend a ton of money. Any ideas?

Quoting mandaboo99:Weight loss formula works out to be somewhere around 70% food intake and 30% Exercise, so, in theory yes portion control works. but you NEED healthy portions. It doesnt mean eat 1400 calories of chicken wings a day because that might be your calorie allotment, it means try to eat 5 times a day healthily and TREAT yourself from time to time. if you want to pm me you can :)
Quoting SaraNicole1019:By just portion controlling what you eat?
Anyone? Haha

Diane1223
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Yes, I did on weight watchers...it worked!!!
mommy110630
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Hello everyone iam new here:) n i would like to meet some friends and share tips on loosing weigth.. i start it my diet 4 days ago and i hope i can loose some pounds, anybody else
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN