Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

need support....edited with pics!

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am 220 pounds.....i am 5'3"

i have lost 60 pounds

but i have kind of thrown in the towel...thats why i came here. I love fun eating..."fun eating" as in backyard bbq's (my life is full of these) the bbq's include beer, pasta salad, any and every kind of meat lol crackers, chips, pop, sugary cocktails, frozen treats. My weakness, basically. 

My goal is to get to 160 pounds (first goal) i know i am capable of losing weight, i have done it before. But i keep wanting to give up! latley i have been going back and forth between 225 and 189. i bounce back and forth CONSTANTLY. this is so hard, giving up everything i like...for the treadmill basically :( 

i have 4 children,  my 11 yr old son the other day hugged me and said "wow mom! i can put my arms around you now!" lol made me tear up! 

i need more motivation though, can you ladies post any before and after pics of yourselves? so i can SEE its possible ?

me at 17

me in 2007 (i cannot find a whole body pic and yes, my boobs are huge lol my waist was little though!)

getting fat, 2008

2009 damn near 100 pounds heavier, my dad had passed away, a few mos before this pic was taken

this is christmas time this past year, i apparently deleted all the pics of me at 300 pounds...like they are just gone, hope you can tell from the ones i posted

by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My before pic was at 195, I was 210 before that. my after picture is around 122 :) You can do this!!!! message me anytime!!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
You can do it.

When I go to bbq's I have a quarter serving of each of my "treat foods". Which are pasta and potato salads for me. Have or take veggie or fruit trays. Then you can munch on those.
choco_mom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

You look great!  You can do this but try not depriving yourself of the foods you like.  So are you bbq only on weekends, if so be good all week and just enjoy yourself at teh bbq.  Take the food you like just smaller portions.  Fill up on water and a small healthy snack before you go to the bbq then you can eat smaller portions.  I know its hard but use what your son said toyou as motivation.

good luck!

hotmama83227
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

nice, when i see before and after pics i feel like "hey, i can do that too" so thanks :)

Quoting mandaboo99:

My before pic was at 195, I was 210 before that. my after picture is around 122 :) You can do this!!!! message me anytime!!

hotmama83227
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM

thanks! the hardest part is, i cannot SEE the difference, everyone else can but i feel exactly the same! so i always want to give up

Quoting choco_mom:

You look great!  You can do this but try not depriving yourself of the foods you like.  So are you bbq only on weekends, if so be good all week and just enjoy yourself at teh bbq.  Take the food you like just smaller portions.  Fill up on water and a small healthy snack before you go to the bbq then you can eat smaller portions.  I know its hard but use what your son said toyou as motivation.

good luck!

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM

You are more than welcome, and yes you absolutely can!!

Quoting hotmama83227:

nice, when i see before and after pics i feel like "hey, i can do that too" so thanks :)

Quoting mandaboo99:

shaevance
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't mind me asking what exactly have you been doing to lose weight. Did you do any research before starting your weight loss journey? Please do not give up, you came this far. There is no reason to turn back now!!!

I'm a WAHM,Blogger,Business Owner, And Single mother of 2! Let's chat, I love making friends, and swapping blogs, and discussing different work at home oppurtunities. 

shaevance@gmail.com

svance@ameriplan.net

www.thesingleparenttrials.blogspot.com

Save Money!  Make Money!

hotmama83227
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM

wow! great pics! and oh my yes i did do my research, i'm kinda always doing research on it lol!  i eat healthy now (no more fast food or junk food at all) and i have been doing that for years, i also workout, but i get weak. Sooooo weak. when we have little parties and things, i get sucked into it and i just....give up i guess? my fav thing in the world is relaxing at a backyard bbq, munching on pasta salad and other goodies with a way too sweet cocktail (they are SO BAD!) So monday i plan on really kicking my butt (yes, monday, because i want to chill this weekend lol) but i am already dreading it. i get so miserable!

Quoting shaevance:

If you don't mind me asking what exactly have you been doing to lose weight. Did you do any research before starting your weight loss journey? Please do not give up, you came this far. There is no reason to turn back now!!!

Monsita
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, from me you will not get pictures.............

I have been working out 5 days a week for the last 4 months!  I  am eating much healthier choices. I am drinking lots of water and I am not into sodas or juices.

I have not really lose weight but my energy level is amazing THOUGH I GET TO SLEEP ONLY 5 HOURS due to my little one.....and family schedule.

I stay motivated by TAKEN ONE DAY AT THE TIME....I enjoy my work out, my kid's activities and I STAYED CONNECTED TO CAFE-MOM every day SEARCHING FOR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT!

hotmama83227
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK about you all but i am a tantrum thrower while dieting....its so embarrassing to admit!!! but i really am! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)