Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg trying to not give in!!

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have been on my diet for a week and doing pretty good. I'm not really into counting calories or going all into health foods but im learning to eat in moderation, how do you ladies keep yourself from eating more?? I made ck spaghetti last night and had half a cup which I read is what a good serving is but I want MORE!!! LOL I am biking/walking 2-3 miles a day :)
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyssa23Marie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Any kind of diet advice would be great!!
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

If you diet, you'll never truly lose the weight. Being healthy and losing weight for ever is a lifestyle change. You have to change the way you are. For me, I have larger portions of healthy foods (like a huge salad or a smoothie with spinach and berries) and smaller portions of less healthy food. I also don't deny myself any foods. My birthday was on Monday, and I had a big ass piece of chocolate fudge cake, and I don't regret it one bit. I also work out as often as possible (at least 5 days a week) and my kids love going to the gym with me. It can be hard to make that large of a change, but it's worth it.

Alyssa23Marie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Yea I'm defiantly trying to change how I eat and live, usually I get hugeeee portions but eating in moderation is tuff :( I don't go hungry I eat tons of fruits and veggies just miss the good stuff lol
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

It can be hard at first. My best advice is to listen to your body. Once I started eating super healthy, my body stopped craving sugar and fatty foods and craved salads and smoothies instead.

Quoting Alyssa23Marie:

Yea I'm defiantly trying to change how I eat and live, usually I get hugeeee portions but eating in moderation is tuff :( I don't go hungry I eat tons of fruits and veggies just miss the good stuff lol

Alyssa23Marie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Yea I have been drinking nothing but water and I'm not even wanting a soda it seems gross I feel so good and healthy drinking only water can't wait untill I get better at the food part!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

half a cup of spaghetti?  why even bother?!  I'd just be irritated ;)

I count calories. I plan my day out every morning- then I just go with it.  Counting isn't that big of a deal- once you get used to how much is in stuff you normally eat

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Gawd, I'd be starving!  Did you have a salad with it or anything??  Make sure you're eating ENOUGH- too little food is just as bad as too much.  It might be good to try logging your food for a short time to make sure you're getting about the right amount.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MrsOssiander
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I eat a raw food diet, not as in dieting, it is a lifestyle change for me. I get to eat a ton of food! I tried portion control and it just made me crying mess because I was starving. I couldn't do it...i love food too much lol.
msalice_21
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:49 AM
I drink more water honestly. But I drink smoothies. Theyre are soo filling, I can only drink a half of one now. Before I wanted to drink all of it down.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 10, 2013 at 6:59 AM

This.

Quoting musicpisces:

Gawd, I'd be starving!  Did you have a salad with it or anything??  Make sure you're eating ENOUGH- too little food is just as bad as too much.  It might be good to try logging your food for a short time to make sure you're getting about the right amount.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)