Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

at home work outs??

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
I need some ideas for work outs to do at home, we cant afford a gym membership at the moment and Ive been doing yoga dvds, which kick my butt lol, and zumba, and sometimes i'll just do a bunch of different stuff like sit ups and push ups and all that for an hour straight. But i keep getting so bored... i love working out at the gym, but i cannot find something to do at home without getting really bored with it. So what do you guys do?
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Insanity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Shana on May. 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I got the Jillian Michaels dvd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I go running or get on my bike. I also get out to the park and play around there. Some parks have obstacle course-type things with equipment for pull ups and such (turns out the one less than a mile from my house does!), so you can always take advantage of that, but if not, make do at the playground- tricep dips, butt lifts, step ups, incline push ups, and a zillion other things can be done on a bench. Play on the monkey bars! Run up the slide!
Check out sparkpeople.com's exercise demos, too. You can get a ton of ideas for exercises there.
I did a lot of Jillian Michaels when I started doing at-home workouts. It gave me some great ideas and guidance.
You can also work out in your yard if you have one. I do walking lunges up and down the driveway, or across the house. I use a sandbag from the garage or something else heavy as weight (finally invested in a kettlebell!).
If you want something intense, check out Spartan's WODs (workout of the day) or the Tough Mudder workouts on their respective pages (do a quick Google search). Those are the kinds of workouts I tend to lean toward. For a long time, I couldn't wait to get back in the gym. When I started school again in the fall, I got access to the campus gym. But now I very rarely use it! I never thought I'd prefer workouts at home, but sure enough, I love the versatility now that I've learned how to be creative. Plus, I REALLY love having functional fitness, as opposed to isolating one muscle group in a way I would rarely use it, ya know? I'd rather lift something in a way that I would normally do it.
I also hit the local community pool every so often. Great way to mix things up!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Suzanne has some great advice!  Good luck:)

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM

What Suz said! 

I use Spartan WOD, CrossFit WOD ( occasionally), I'm a runner, but I also pull weights, do pushups, situps, lunges, squats, and I have a plethora of Beachbody workouts to flit between.. of course, I also do go to the gym. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mommynewc
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Get on YouTube and look for workouts.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I get bored with some workouts too. I really like DVD sets where you rotate to a different workout each day. I love insanity. I started running which I really enjoy. And I didn't think I would ever be a runner.
jcm28
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Taebo
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on May. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I have an elliptical, walking/running DVD..and a variety of other workout DVDs.
But the onething I an doing right now is P90X. I'm really liking it. :)
lydiaharper
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I am doing Jillian Micheals right now, but I also look for workouts on youtube (you can find JM on there too). Just search for _______ full workout and fill in the blank with whatever type of workout you want (kickboxing, yoga, Jillian Michaels, HIIT). Fitness Blender and Be Fit have a lot to choose from.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)