Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

help me! :(

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

about 3 months ago i started exercising and lost 10 pounds. then i started school in april and havent had time to exercise and i started eating junk food and fast food since it was easier than making my own food. when i get home from school i start doing housework and homework and take care of my son. by the end of the day im so wiped out all i want to do is sleep. i recently weighed myself and i gained back those 10 pounds i worked so hard to lose. im disgusted with myself. i realy want to lose 30 pounds and keep them off. the reason im writing this is because i want tips or advice on how to stay on track with eating healthy and also what i can do for exercise that i can do at home. any help would be appreciated :)

by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaboo99
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

There are tonnes of things you can do ANYWHERE circuit training, squats, push ups, running, biking. There are also tonnes of programs you can do from home. Ten minute Trainer might be a good one for you if you dont have much time :) let me know if you want some info :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

How about getting up early to workout?  You will feel SO much better throughout the day and probably make better food choices:)

wahmx3
by Shelley on May. 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Find an exercise dvd that is quick but get results...30 Day Shred is a good one to start. The key to losing weight is in your food.Eating healthy doesn't have to take that much time....make a casserole so you have it for 3-4 meals, sandwiches are good and healthy to take for lunch...whole grain bread with a protein for a filler such as tuna, egg or peanut butter...veggies and dip to go along with it, buy a milk or juice and you have a great lunch. Take fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies, etc as snacks. Drink water as much as you can. If necessary, buy your fruit and veggies already precut to save time.Pretzels and dip are also a good snack.

Make your exercise time count....30 minutes once or twice a day is all it takes to build muscle and burn fat. We are all busy people, do 10 push ups at a time, squats and lunges when doing housework, hand weights can also be good when you are studying, vary the arms and do a few sets each night.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Try getting up a little early dnd working out in the morning. There are tons of videos you can do at home. 30 day shred is only 20 minutes.

You could make some healthier meals and freeze them. You could also make some crockpot meals.
mariemciver2000
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I can also give you a great amount of workouts to give a try, & that are so much fun! :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I carry my food with me to school, and that makes a huge difference. I bought a cooler from REI, a soft-sided one I can carry around with me. Yes, it's a bit awkward, but far less awkward than the fat I used to haul with me everywhere. I do easy stuff, often leftovers (there's ONE microwave on campus, so I'll heat stuff up there), salads, carrots and hummus, plain Greek yogurt with berries and a little maple syrup, cottage cheese with fruit, celery sticks with PB in a little cup (I bought tiny Gladware containers for this!), Kashi or Vega bars, things like that. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but it sure saves me money, time and calories.
I do 99% of my workouts outside of the gym, even though I have gym access on campus. When I first started, I did the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels), which I followed up with Ripped in 30. Great videos if you're just starting out, and they're just 20 minutes!
I also started running when I got down to 250 lbs, and I love running now. I also love the flexibility, because I can do it almost anywhere, without fancy equipment (though I am a gear whore!). I also ride my bike, trail run, hike, and swim for cardio.
I do a lot of more functional fitness type of stuff now, similar to CrossFit. I bought a kettlebell (I want to get more), and use it for all kinds of moves. I do walking lunges, push ups, tricep dips, and a zillion other moves that don't require equipment. If you need ideas, sparkpeople.com has some great exercise demos on their site.
I've also finally discovered that the park less than a mile from my house has one of those "obstacle" courses, where you can do pull ups, sit ups, balance beams, and other things, and I plan to take full advantage of the proximity. I'm really working on pull ups right now.
Don't let school be an excuse. Schedule in your workouts. You sound like you might benefit from doing them first thing, or the day gets in the way (I'm the same way). I get up early (it took time scaling further and further back, but I get up pretty early more often than not now) to fit them in before my days start. When I had 6:30AM clinicals earlier in the semester, I would get up at 3:45 or 4AM to get in a short run beforehand and have time to shower,eat, and pack my food for the day. If it's a priority, you'll make it happen. There are plenty of these moves you could even do at school when you have a break. I've been known to do a 12 minute run on a 30 minute lunch. It's better than nothing.
Food is the biggest factor, about 80% of the equation. Things don't have to be fancy, and there is such a thing as healthy quick food. You just have to take the time to put it together yourself. You can do it!!
aniters
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM

im considering getting up early to work out. i usually get up at 5 so i might have to get up at 4..

Quoting darbyakeep45:

How about getting up early to workout?  You will feel SO much better throughout the day and probably make better food choices:)

aniters
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM

i already did the 30 day shred for about 3 weeks thats how i lost the weight before but towards the end i found it so boring lol i got tired of it fast.

Quoting wahmx3:

Find an exercise dvd that is quick but get results...30 Day Shred is a good one to start. The key to losing weight is in your food.Eating healthy doesn't have to take that much time....make a casserole so you have it for 3-4 meals, sandwiches are good and healthy to take for lunch...whole grain bread with a protein for a filler such as tuna, egg or peanut butter...veggies and dip to go along with it, buy a milk or juice and you have a great lunch. Take fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies, etc as snacks. Drink water as much as you can. If necessary, buy your fruit and veggies already precut to save time.Pretzels and dip are also a good snack.

Make your exercise time count....30 minutes once or twice a day is all it takes to build muscle and burn fat. We are all busy people, do 10 push ups at a time, squats and lunges when doing housework, hand weights can also be good when you are studying, vary the arms and do a few sets each night.

aniters
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

im interested :)

Quoting mariemciver2000:

I can also give you a great amount of workouts to give a try, & that are so much fun! :)

wahmx3
by Shelley on May. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Jillian Michaels has several to choose from, or try someone different. Go to youtube, there are thousands on there. I love doing the Shred but I also do extra cardio with it, look online or youtube to find something different that appeals to you. Excuses won't help you reach your goals.

Quoting aniters:

i already did the 30 day shred for about 3 weeks thats how i lost the weight before but towards the end i found it so boring lol i got tired of it fast.

Quoting wahmx3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN