Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I reached my goal! But is it enough?

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 21 Replies

Hello everyone! I have officially reached my goal of 128! I lost 40 lbs. The problem is I'm not sure if I'm at my ideal weight. I am 5'3, and when I looked up the ideal weight for my height it says I should be 115? Honestly I'm afraid if I get that thin I would lose my boobs and behind. 

Whats your opinion on this? Has anyone here reached their goal, only to feel that it's not good enough?

by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I think if you are comfortable with your weight and like how you look, don't worry about the "ideal" weight.  If you are fit, you probably look better at 128 than someone who isn't fit looks at 115.

Silvertears1275
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

And according to the BMI chart, you are within the normal range for your height =)

RyansMommie07
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM

im also 5'3", but my goal is closer to 120 or 125. im currently at 149, and nothing fits right. i need to step up my exercise game and find a way to tighten everything up. im working on it.... but i wont know until i reach my goal weight if it will be enough or too much, kwim?

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Are you comfortable with where you are now?

If yes- then I think its fine.  If you are worried aobut it maybe lose a few more and see how you feel/ look

I wouldn't put * too much into those charts ;)

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Congratulations!

A lot of it depends on your frame. There's not really one ideal weight for everyone of a certain height. If you feel good about how you look then I say stay there. It's in the range of healthy weights for your height.
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I think you're right. I've put on a lot of muscle since I started working out a year ago. I wish I had a body fat calculator... I think that would be a lot more accurate to measure fat loss than the scale.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I think if you are comfortable with your weight and like how you look, don't worry about the "ideal" weight.  If you are fit, you probably look better at 128 than someone who isn't fit looks at 115.

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Those charts are like putting everyone in a little box, we are not all built the same we do not all fit in the box. Congratulations to you for your weight loss!!!! It really depends on what exercises you are doing that will decide if you lose your boobs and bum. while I was doing mostly cardio I lost my bum completely, then I started weight/resistance training and got my booty back...well I have A bum  lol  Im not so much gifted in that area to begin with, Im more of a muffin top kinda gal :P As long as you are comfortable and HEALTHY that what matters, be healthy be happy. I hit my goal and was still unhappy but it was because i needed to tone up more. So instead of working on weight loss I worked on definition and strength.

Quoting N_maricle:

Hello everyone! I have officially reached my goal of 128! I lost 40 lbs. The problem is I'm not sure if I'm at my ideal weight. I am 5'3, and when I looked up the ideal weight for my height it says I should be 115? Honestly I'm afraid if I get that thin I would lose my boobs and behind. 

Whats your opinion on this? Has anyone here reached their goal, only to feel that it's not good enough?

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Yep. I didn't know how 128 was going to look when I was 168... Honestly I'm not completely happy with what I see, but most of that is loose belly skin from pregency. Losing more weight isn't going to really improve that. I'm going to keep working out though, about 8-10 hours a week. So I'll keep seeing improvements from that.

Quoting RyansMommie07:

im also 5'3", but my goal is closer to 120 or 125. im currently at 149, and nothing fits right. i need to step up my exercise game and find a way to tighten everything up. im working on it.... but i wont know until i reach my goal weight if it will be enough or too much, kwim?

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM

You're right! I've been doing a strength training class once a week and its giving me such better results that when I was just doing Zumba and yoga! Maybe I should up that to 2x a week.

Quoting mandaboo99:

Those charts are like putting everyone in a little box, we are not all built the same we do not all fit in the box. Congratulations to you for your weight loss!!!! It really depends on what exercises you are doing that will decide if you lose your boobs and bum. while I was doing mostly cardio I lost my bum completely, then I started weight/resistance training and got my booty back...well I have A bum  lol  Im not so much gifted in that area to begin with, Im more of a muffin top kinda gal :P As long as you are comfortable and HEALTHY that what matters, be healthy be happy. I hit my goal and was still unhappy but it was because i needed to tone up more. So instead of working on weight loss I worked on definition and strength.

Quoting N_maricle:

JanuaryBaby06
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I rely more on measurements then weight since I am mroe or less toning and not really aiming on losing any more weight.... jsut want to make it look different i guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)